Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Monday, 5/17??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Monday, 5/17??? (/showthread.php?tid=100500)

What's for Dinner, Monday, 5/17??? - cjs - 05-17-2010

What's on the menu?

Have no idea yet, but I do have C@H Cuisine Lite out....

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 5/17??? - chef_Tab - 05-17-2010

I picked up scallops this morning with no plan. I am thinking a scampi type thing on pasta, but will do a little searching to see what "floats my boat"

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 5/17??? - Mare749 - 05-17-2010

It's rainy here again today, so thought pot roast would be a good pick-me-up for Ron. That should help fill his meat requirement. Also have some leftover Best Ever Crumb Cake for dessert. It really is the best ever!

Maryann, did you really have to bring up that crumb cake again? Now I want one. Which reminds me, I had a dream last night that I finally met you and you were about 20 years old! In my dream I was trying to figure out how you could be a grandparent. It was pretty funny.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 5/17??? - DFen911 - 05-17-2010

I have whole chicken legs marinating with garlic, fennel, thyme and red pepper flakes and stuff into the skin. These will be grilled along with a tomato packet (heirlooms, red/orange tomatoes, and cherry tomatoes. These are rough chopped and place in a foil pouch with herbs and grilled), which will be placed on grill french bread. Kind of like a grilled bruschetta.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 5/17??? - cjs - 05-17-2010

oh my, everything sounds so good!!! grilled bruschetta, yes!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 5/17??? - - 05-17-2010

those tomato packets sound wonderful! None of ours are ripe yet; but the herbs are sensational. We are having rack of lamb (lots of rosemary and fresh dill), broccolini, and rosemary smashed potatoes.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 5/17??? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-17-2010

I agree....the tomato packets sound great! I am FINALLY going to do the Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar. It was just too pretty out this weekend to come into a hot house to cook. I've got to work on my menus to be sure I can cook outside from now on. I am going to probably grill my zukes and some onions. I finally figured out that I didn't want to have to juggle two things in a skillet. I'll do the zucchini cakes later in the week with some grilled chicken. I may not even make a starch. I have got to take off some pounds! Even when I have made a starch lately, William has declined. Time to find some healthier alternatives!

I can't tell if I am just starving, but everyone's dinner sounds fantastic to me. I want a buffet of everything!
I decided to make a cilantro scampi sauce for the scallops and serve them over that extra fiber pasta. A nice ceasar salad will round out the meal and keep the vampires away tonight.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 5/17??? - Dismc - 05-17-2010

Am making tacos. Just can never seem to get enough Mexican food.