Cuisine at home Forums
Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? (/showthread.php?tid=100836)

Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? - cjs - 05-22-2010

Things being hectic around here, I haven't even thought of my favorite weekend of the year - usually my b'day falls within, so it's MY weekend

Any new foods going to be cooked?? I need ideas for just Roy and me - no company!

Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? - farnfam - 05-22-2010

There's a picnic/wine tasting at the Vineyard, with a live band (how cute is this, the leader is a young man my daughter hung out with) I think we will be taking Eggplant Sandwiches along as well as sampling whats for sale.
The vineyard is featuring their "Wine-aritas" We are looking forward to it

Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? - Old Bay - 05-22-2010

We will be in Galapagos on Memorial Day. we are leaving this Friday for Quito, Ecuador--2 days then to the islands. Very isolated--600 miles from a continent--no internet or cell phone service. We will be gone until June 7th. This is our safari--to sail and walk the path of Charles Darwin has been on my bucket list for years--one of the most brilliant and misunderstood scientists in history.

Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-22-2010

I'll probably do your review dinner burgers one night, but I want to do something with seafood on another. After looking at Cis's dinner for tonight, I think I'll look for something different.

Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? - Mare749 - 05-22-2010

Quote:

We will be in Galapagos on Memorial Day. we are leaving this Friday for Quito, Ecuador--2 days then to the islands. Very isolated--600 miles from a continent--no internet or cell phone service. We will be gone until June 7th. This is our safari--to sail and walk the path of Charles Darwin has been on my bucket list for years--one of the most brilliant and misunderstood scientists in history.

Wowie! This really deserves a new thread, Bill! I am so jealous. What an incredible trip you have planned. Hope you will have time to keep a journal of your adventure so we can hear all about it when you return.

As for our Memorial day, no definite plans yet, but we always have a family BBQ, usually at our house. The kids are probably going to their trailer for the weekend which is now situated at Geneva-on-the-lake, so we may end up out there.

Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-22-2010

WOW Bill and Jane! What an awesome trip. I did a science curriculum project years ago based on the Galapagos with my students. There was a group of scientists down there and we were able to link to their project, see what they were doing, ask questions, etc. It was really exciting! The animals we learned about was unbelievable. I know you'll have a great time. I'll be looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? - pjcooks - 05-22-2010

That trip sounds wonderful, Bill! A much deserved vacation. Can't wait to hear about it!

Mem Day? Just working, so no plans

PJ

Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? - Harborwitch - 05-22-2010

Wow! What a trip. We have a cd of music by a group from Quito - beautiful stuff. Oh, and the Galapagos!!! How amazing and exciting. Can't wait for your pictures and commentary when you return.

You and Jane so deserve this trip! Bon Voyage.

Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? - cjs - 05-24-2010

"The vineyard is featuring their "Wine-aritas" We are looking forward to it" - Cis, there was a restaurant (somewhere that we lived in the not too recent past) that couldn't get a liquor license, so they serve wine margaritas. Not too bad.

Oh Bill, that sounds wonderful - and I agree, I hope to read a diary about the trip!!

Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? - Mare749 - 05-29-2010

Quote:

I sure hope Bill and Jane were not affected by the earthquake. They flew to Equador yesterday.