Cuisine at home Forums
Advil is my best friend - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Advil is my best friend (/showthread.php?tid=101276)

Advil is my best friend - piano226 - 05-30-2010

After planting 125 heirloom tomatoes (27 varieties), eggplant, 20 melons, sorrel and lettuce...Advil...what a wonderous drug.

Re: Advil is my best friend - DFen911 - 05-31-2010

OMG!! I must ask...have you heard of FedEx? (hint hint, nudge nudge)

That is one heck of an accomplishment!!!

Re: Advil is my best friend - luvnit - 05-31-2010

Yes, quite an accomplishment indeed! You deserve a break today! Relax.

Re: Advil is my best friend - Harborwitch - 05-31-2010

How wonderful! The memory of the pain will fade when you're eating all those wonderful veggies. I am green with envy!!!!

Re: Advil is my best friend - cjs - 05-31-2010

Oh boy, it's been a long time since I've planted anywhere near those amounts!! I love my little gardens now. I hurt for you!!

Re: Advil is my best friend - piano226 - 05-31-2010

I cannot wait till harvest time....a couple of years ago i had unreal crop of tomatoes...was picking some 30lbs per day.....all my friends were sooooo happy with me.

Re: Advil is my best friend - BarbaraS - 05-31-2010

Mine too. We just opened up the folks' pool this year and us 50-somethings just can't hack it anymore.

Barbara

Re: Advil is my best friend - - 05-31-2010

What a wonderful bounty that will be - I didn't know there were that many varieties of heirlooms!! Good luck with your growing.

Re: Advil is my best friend - BarbaraS - 05-31-2010

Yes, that will be a wonderful harvest. One of these years I'm hoping for the Hubby to clear out the one patch of backyard that would make a great garden. I love tomatos fresh off the vine. I eat them like apples!

Barbara

Re: Advil is my best friend - luvnit - 05-31-2010

We planted 3 tomato plants. That is the most we ever did. It was actually a mistake though. Hubby went to the store to get one, and ended up buying a 4-pak thinking he was buying one. We only had room for 3 though.