Cuisine at home Forums
OT---Alyssa's 5th birthday - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT---Alyssa's 5th birthday (/showthread.php?tid=101460)

OT---Alyssa's 5th birthday - Mare749 - 06-02-2010

Some of you may remember Alyssa, #3 granddaughter. For those of you who don't, a quick update. Alyssa was born at 28 weeks and had stopped growing at 24 weeks. As a result, she was only 1 lb. 5 oz. at birth. She had to be delivered by C-section because Heather developed HELP syndrome and that is life-threatening to the mother.

Alyssa spent 6 months in the NICU where Heather works, then spent 2 years on oxygen. She finally had open-heart surgery and came off oxygen that summer. A few of you were with me (online) that whole day while we waited for Alyssa to come out of surgery. I thought you might like to see how far she has come since that time. I'm also going to try to post a link to her birth.

[Image: Alyssais5.jpg]

Here is the link to some earlier pics.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/shar....jpg%3Fp%3D1882

Re: OT---Alyssa's 5th birthday - Harborwitch - 06-02-2010

How wonderful! Miracles happen - she's a beautiful little girl - and such a will to live!

Re: OT---Alyssa's 5th birthday - karyn - 06-02-2010

Happy Birthday to Alyssa! What a wonderful story. She's adorable, and I'm so glad she's doing well!

Re: OT---Alyssa's 5th birthday - chef_Tab - 06-02-2010

What a miracle! She is very adorable and that backpack looks as if it could pull her over! Is she fine and healthy now, Maryann? Our neighbors in Missouri had a little girl born very early and also spent the first 6 months in NICU. She just turned 1 before I moved. She is still on oxygen, but hopefully she will do as well as Alyssa has.

Re: OT---Alyssa's 5th birthday - Vanquisher - 06-02-2010

Happy Birthday to her! My sister had HELLP syndrome too, and my nephew was delivered early. It's scary stuff.

Re: OT---Alyssa's 5th birthday - esgunn - 06-02-2010

Oh Maryann, I remember that time and praying for her. I am glad she is doing so well. Yea!!!

I also developed HELLP syndrom and delivered the triplets early. 30W5d, of course they probably would have come early anyway.

Re: OT---Alyssa's 5th birthday - cjs - 06-02-2010

Oh my, you mean it's been almost 3 years since we were praying like mad for Alyssa???? What a cutie!! Bless her little heart (and that is meant lovingly, not like BillyJ used to mean it! altho that was said with love also, wasn't it? )

Re: OT---Alyssa's 5th birthday - Gourmet_Mom - 06-02-2010

I think so, Jean.

Oh Maryann, she is so precious, in every way possible! Looking at the pictures, I must say, I LOVE the one with the bunny ears!

Happy Birthday, Alyssa!

Re: OT---Alyssa's 5th birthday - HomeCulinarian - 06-02-2010

God is good!

Re: OT---Alyssa's 5th birthday - labradors - 06-02-2010

That is such good news. Thanks for the update.