Cuisine at home Forums
Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 (/showthread.php?tid=103112)

Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 - cjs - 06-30-2010

Anyone up to choosing another cookbook to work from for July??

I'm choosing two again -

Cuisine at Home Issue #16, July/Aug 1999
and
The Border Cookbook, by Cheryl & Bill Jamison (it's a James Beard Award winner!) Have barely looked through it, so this should be fun.

The Challenge - four recipe from each.

Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 - Gourmet_Mom - 06-30-2010

I'm going to go with the C@H Grilling Book, again.

I'll have to wait on my other book. It's going to be a tough choice. I've got four new ones due in the mail next week....one's a sushi book!

Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 - cjs - 06-30-2010

Darn it, Daphne - I hate to keep changing my mind on books!!!! Sushi sounds so good. But, I'll be good and maybe choose it for August.

Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 - Mare749 - 06-30-2010

My book is called Quick & Easy Vietnamese Home Cooking for Everyone, by Andre Nguyen and Yukiko Moriyama. This is a fun book with pictures of every dish. Got this from the library, but now I'm going to order it from Amazon. I've found 10 recipes that I want to try!

Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 - cjs - 06-30-2010

Oh my, I have a feeling there are a lot of books we all are going to be picking up......

Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 - Gourmet_Mom - 06-30-2010

"Oh my, I have a feeling there are a lot of books we all are going to be picking up......" LOL....that would be the down side to this...or not!

Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 - HomeCulinarian - 06-30-2010

I'm going to be working with veggies from the garden this summer, so I'm planning to use Greene on Greens and Mayo Clinic Healthful Cooking books this month.

Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 - esgunn - 07-01-2010

I'm not sure I can pick.

Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day
Pizza Pizza Pizza
These two to get me baking

And I just picked up these four magazine books in the last few days and all have some interesting tings:
Fine Cooking:
The Best6 of Fine Cooking Chicken
The Best of Fine Cooking Fresh Fall 2008
The Best of Fine Cooking Fresh 2009

And
C@H Light Fresh and Fabulous

So many choices I had better get cooking. Also want to revisit one or two of the C@H grilling books.

Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 - Gourmet_Mom - 07-01-2010

Erin, I haven't found the Light Fresh and Fabulous, yet. I was hoping they'd have it at Lowes yesterday, but they only had the Sandwiches and Salads, which I have, and a Menus that I either have or has a lot of repeats.

What do you think of it?

Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 - Gourmet_Mom - 07-11-2010

I just realized I never picked my July book. While I'm cooking from the C@H Grilling Book, I will also be cooking from my NEW Nigella Express.

I did a slow walk-through of the two books, marking things I liked. When I flipped back through, I realized I had picked a whole lot of desserts from both of them...quite unlike me. But the Nigella book had more summer dishes that interested me.