Cuisine at home Forums
Home Made Spinach Pasta - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Home Made Spinach Pasta (/showthread.php?tid=104363)

Home Made Spinach Pasta - Gina_Choong - 07-17-2010

I didn't have to dig very far and long. Its all at my own forum. So I just copy and paste it here.
Daphne, the notes on how to store the noodles are at the bottom of this page.

[Image: 2Pasta.jpg]

Ingredients
250g Bread Flour or flour you use for making bread.*
100ml water
50g Spinach
1/2 tsp salt

tapioca flour for dusting** a must to prevent it from sticking. If not, just corn starch.

*In Singapore, its labelled as Bread Flour.*

Method
1. Add water to spinach and puree till it turn liquid.
[Image: blendedjuice.jpg]

2. Run thru a sieve to collect the juice below
[Image: sievejuice.jpg]

3. The juice should add up to 110ml. If not, just add enough water to make up 110ml.
[Image: spinachjuice.jpg]

4. Mix juice and rest of ingredients to form a dough.
5. Run thru the machine at least 4 times till its smooth as shown
[Image: runthru1.jpg]

6. Run it thru the middle section cutter and the noodle will come out at the bottom of the machine.
[Image: outnoodles.jpg]

7. Pick it up as a bunch and place it on the table.
[Image: cutnoodles.jpg]

8. add 1 tbsp of tapioca flour on top.
[Image: addstarch.jpg]

9. Use both hands to toss the noodles to mix with the flour.
[Image: tossnoodles.jpg]

10. Now, run the cut noodles thru the flat press again(remember to adjust the thickness mark to desired thickness)

11. If you want instant noodles size, then run it thru the 3rd section as shown.
[Image: 2ndrun.jpg]

Storage in the fridge
I find the best way to store the delicate noodles is to wrap it in a paper towel, then in a plastic bag. To prevent water droplets penetrating the noodles making it wet and sticky.

[Image: packnoodles.jpg]
[Image: tostore.jpg]

Re: Home Made Spinach Pasta - Gourmet_Mom - 07-17-2010

Thanks for this Gina! BTW, I picked up Tapioca Starch instead of Tapioca flour today for tossing to prevent sticking. Will that work or should I switch it out? Or is it the same thing?

I considered getting some green tea for your other recipe for green tea noodles you posted for me years ago, but it was SO EXPENSIVE! Nine dollars for a small can! Now that doesn't seem like so much, but I couldn't remember how you served this, so I was afraid to make the investment.

So how do you serve the green tea noodles? You seemed to be very excited about these over the spinach.

Re: Home Made Spinach Pasta - Gina_Choong - 07-17-2010

Daphne

Tapioca starch and flour is the same thing. Sometimes we get that different labeling in Singapore too.

yes good Green Tea powder costs a bomb. Even in Singapore.
But you can use it for other stuff like baking a good sponge cake or making Japanese green tea ice cream.

An easy way to make the Green Tea ice cream is to get a tub of vanilla ice cream and leave it out to melt slightly..almost like milk shake state. Then add 1 tsp of Green tea powder to every 300g of ice cream.. Give it a good stir and pop it back to the freezer to firm up.

Green Tea noodles are eaten COLD.

I'll post it for all to see here.

Re: Home Made Spinach Pasta - Gourmet_Mom - 07-17-2010

Thank, Gina! I hoped I had the right thing! Making pasta using your tips next week! Now off to figure out the green tea noodles. Nine dollars for a small can seemed like a lot for something I wasn't sure how to use.

Re: Home Made Spinach Pasta - farnfam - 07-18-2010

Hi Gina, I really love to make pasta and bread too I wonder could you explain why you have to run the cut noodles thru the flat press a second time? I've never done that, I usually go right to the third section (the one that cuts the thinnest noodles. Thanks
Cis

Re: Home Made Spinach Pasta - farnfam - 07-20-2010

Just bumping back up, so Gina can see and answer my question when she has time