Cuisine at home Forums
ISO - Smoked Bean Recipe - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: ISO - Smoked Bean Recipe (/showthread.php?tid=104615)

ISO - Smoked Bean Recipe - DFen911 - 07-20-2010

Ok who was making beans and then smoking them in their smoker?

Would love a recipe please I'd like to do them this weekend.

Re: ISO - Smoked Bean Recipe - cjs - 07-20-2010

I think I played with it, but I wasn't as impressed as, I think, Sharon...can't remembr for sure.

Not as authentic, but I like to just add smoked meat, especially Brisket Burnt Ends to my beans or....dare I say a drop of liquid smoke.

Sharon, I'm sure will be by to help you out, Denise.

Re: ISO - Smoked Bean Recipe - Harborwitch - 07-20-2010

It was me. We loved them. The tricks: use your normal baked bean recipe but a little added sweetener helps, bake or cook the beans as usual - they will go into the smoker about 2/3 of the way through smoking whatever you're smoking, and stir stir stir - otherwise only the top will get smokey. We put ours in above the meat until we were sure that the meat was cooked to a safe temp - then we put them under the meat to get "basted" by juices.

As I recall Billy was there when we did the smoked beans.

Re: ISO - Smoked Bean Recipe - DFen911 - 07-21-2010

Thanks Sharon! I'll stir them each time I add more wood.

I don't really have a baked bean recipe. I don't even know what kind of beans you use...that darn dog won't give up the recipe of the beans I normally serve

Re: ISO - Smoked Bean Recipe - Harborwitch - 07-21-2010

Well sticking with your usual "recipe" is probably just fine.

I wish I could find the one I used to make. It was the recipe served by MarineWorld Africa USA -when it was in Redwood City.

It was small navy beans - cooked until just soft, sauteed onions, garlic, maybe celery (crs you know), catsup, molasses, yellow mustard, bacon, diced pastrami, finely diced pineappple, salt & pepper. Can't remember the amounts, it took me 3 or 4 tries to get it right - they weren't giving up the recipe. Just dump it all in and continue cooking, adjusting stuff until they taste right.

Or, just go use the canned - much easier.