Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? (/showthread.php?tid=104993)

Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? - cjs - 07-26-2010

What's on everyone's menu for tonight??

I'm finally biting the bullet - I allowed that Black Bean & Corn book AND the pizza book to do me in weight-wise and I've got to kick start a little healthier eating, so it's two weeks of the Air Force Diet (and no, I still don't know why it's called that... ).

So, for two weeks I will be really boring, unless I can come up with some interesting things to do. But, at least it's the perfect time of year with all the veggies coming ripe!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? - Mare749 - 07-26-2010

Good luck, Jean. I need to get back on track myself, but for some reason desserts keep getting in the way!

I finally used the last of the smoked chicken and made chicken enchiladas. So, that will be dinner along with a salad topped with salsa. Got rid of the pineapple upside-down cake last night, (the kids gladly took that off my hands!) so we'll have watermelon for dessert.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? - luvnit - 07-26-2010

Well I will be following in Jean's footsteps, but I think I will be doing the Cabbage Soup Diet for a week. In the past, I have never been able to make it past Day 3, however, that was long ago and truthfully I didn't really NEED to lose weight then. So what was I thinking!

This time I am determined to do this. Besides my kids are gone for a week, so it should be easier.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? - Lorraine - 07-26-2010

We finally have a bit of reprieve from the heat, it was only 82 at 5;30am, so I thought I would start on dinner. Oiled and toasted some garlic baguette for bruscetta, boiled some potatoes and eggs for potato salad. Maybe we'll grill some hotdogs. I might ask him to make me a corn and black bean salsa since we have corn chips. We brought one of our watermelons with us, so that will be dessert.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-26-2010

I haven't a clue. I'll probably dig through the veggie drawer and see what's in there, then match it with something from the freezer. I need to join Laura and Jean on a diet.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? - cjs - 07-26-2010

"We finally have a bit of reprieve from the heat, it was only 82 at 5;30am, so I thought I would start on dinner. Oiled and toasted some garlic baguette for bruscetta, boiled some potatoes and eggs for potato salad. Maybe we'll grill some hotdogs. I might ask him to make me a corn and black bean salsa since we have corn chips. We brought one of our watermelons with us, so that will be dessert. " oh yeah, a whole two weeks of this......

(that's o.k. - keep posting, Laura & I will eat vicariously thru ya'all.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? - Trixxee - 07-26-2010

I need to join the dieters. If only I could give up my wine but it's hard! We are having salmon again tonight since the piece Tony bought was so big. More spinach and mashed potatoes too.

I concur with Jean. I love hearing about the food and will keep reading. I get just as excited about reading as I do eating!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? - cjs - 07-26-2010

BUT...I don't give up my wine, I cut way back, but no way in h*ll will that ever happen.

Fortunately I don't have any wine in the house as we have been into micro-brewery beer lately. I think I can afford to have a beer at night with my hubby and perhaps next week a glass of wine.

I typed my version of this soup into Mastercook to find out the calories of my version and it was a mere 75 calories a cup! That means if I manage to eat 10 cups of this stuff during the day its only 750 calories a day!