Cuisine at home Forums
REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini (/showthread.php?tid=105248)

REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini - Trixxee - 07-30-2010

This is from issue No. 68 (April 08). What a great little sandwich! You basically take a toasted baguette slice, spread with dijon mustard, layer whatever kind of greens you like (I had spinach but arugula would be better), add a layer of sliced chicken breast, layer thinly sliced braeburn apple, and then top with a mixture of warmed apple jelly, lemon juice, shallots and S&P. Garnish with chopped chives. The tang from mustard, the freshness and crispness of the apple and the sweet & savory jelly all worked well together.

Even my husband liked it though it might be a little too "ladies luncheony" for some guys. It is a little cumbersome to pick up so I'd suggest using a fork and knife to cut it or top with another baguette slice so you have something to hold it together.

Enjoy!

Re: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini - cjs - 07-30-2010

Oh my, this sounds delcious! The picture does make it look cumbersome.

Re: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini - Trixxee - 10-18-2010

Jean, here is my review.

Re: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini - cjs - 10-18-2010

Thanks Trixxee! Just looked and they look good (I'm sure I've not made them. )

Haven't looked at this issue for a long time....

Re: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini - foodfiend - 10-18-2010

Amazingly, I happen to have everything on hand for this (unless there is frost tonight and the arugula patch turns black...). I'm going to make this for lunch tomorrow...

Thanks, Trixxee!

Re: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini - Trixxee - 10-19-2010

I think you will really like them!

Re: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini - foodfiend - 10-19-2010

We did! I served open-faced and the arugula made it through yet another night.

I also used grilled chicken breast; this was special enough that I'm planning to make it for my parents when we visit next month.