Cuisine at home Forums
Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 (/showthread.php?tid=105348)

Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 - HomeCulinarian - 08-01-2010

Has anyone made the Ratatouille Tart from issue 76? I've been wanting to try it and was thinking about making it for my monthly luncheon.

And, I'm struggling to think of a protein to go with it.

Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 - labradors - 08-01-2010

According to Julia Child's recipe;
Quote:

As it is strongly flavored it is best when it accompanies plain roast or broiled beef or lamb, pot-au-feu (boiled beef), or plain roast, broiled, or sautéed chicken. Equally good hot or cold, it also makes a fine accompaniment to cold meats, or may be served as a cold hors d'oeuvre.

Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 - cjs - 08-01-2010

Have not made it - and I certainly agree with Julia's recommendations.

Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 - esgunn - 08-01-2010

I have not made it, it is beautiful though. How about a chicken or shrimp kebab.

Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 - Trixxee - 08-01-2010

I'm making ratatouille this week too and am making the Honey Lemon Chicken from the April 08 issue.

Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 - HomeCulinarian - 08-04-2010

Ratatouille Tart
Here's may attempt at the Tart. It was tasty, but I should have added much more vegetables than I did. Had a lot left over. Impressive on presentation. It was actually a little dry to my surprise.

Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 - esgunn - 08-04-2010

It looks beautiful!! Very much summer. Did you serve a protien with it? What?

Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 - HomeCulinarian - 08-04-2010

The rest of the menu was chicken breasts marinated with the balsamic dressing from the Ratatouille chicken thighs from CAH Weeknights, a fruit salad, a lettuce salad and No cholesterol chocolate mousse from one of my Mayo Clinic cookbooks. Has tofu in it.

Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 - Mare749 - 08-04-2010

Very nice menu! So, how was that chocolate mousse? I'm trying to have dessert only once a week.

Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 - Gourmet_Mom - 08-04-2010

Very pretty, Jeannette! Your menu sounds wonderful! I'm with Maryann, how was the mousse?