Cuisine at home Forums
More questions - aka picking everyone's brains - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: More questions - aka picking everyone's brains (/showthread.php?tid=105496)

More questions - aka picking everyone's brains - Harborwitch - 08-03-2010

Okay gang - opinions needed here.

Bob and I have a few interests: fishing & boating which is done outside the motorhome, photography, our audio books, food & cooking and wine, computers and my online stuff, and TV, food & cooking shows, and movies. Oh, and our furry kids.

The motorhome came with a dining table & 4 chairs. We'll keep 3 chairs inside and one chair in the trailer we tow, the wine cooler took the third chair's place. The galley is nice, and the table can always be moved and used as additional workspace. Storage is a little sparse but it works.

I have my computer up in the co-pilot's area, and the laser printer on the little side table by the arm chair behind me. The wireless color printer will live on my nightstand. It works.

So far we haven't been able to figure out how to get speaker system in here to work. The 19 inch TV really sucks the space could be used for something practical - like more cookbooks. The bins on either side are taken up with my computer speakers (for the TV) and our DTV box. It doesn't work.

As far as furniture - we have the two big swiveling seats (driver & co-pilot), a little swiveling armchair with a foot rest, and a sofa that makes into a queen sized bed (not a really comfortable one). The sofa, dining room table & wine cooler are in the slide. I should mention that we do have a queen size air bed (that Billy bought to use at our house).

In the mobile home we have a six month old 47inch TV and stand that holds our Audio/Video equipment. This setup is just the right size to fit in the slide with a couple of speakers.

So, here's we go and thanks in advance

Re: More questions - aka picking everyone's brains - Mare749 - 08-03-2010

Sharon, we had a good-sized trailer (28 ft. bunkhouse) on a permanent campsite in Pa. for about 10 years and most of the time our socializing was done on our patio under the awning. So, I guess I'm wondering if you really need the couch and would enjoy that big tv instead.

You had mentioned traveling around to visit family and friends, so I'm thinking that their homes are an option for visiting if the weather is bad and that you should make your new home comfortable for you and Bob. One last thought...do you need that couch for the fur babies?

Re: More questions - aka picking everyone's brains - Harborwitch - 08-03-2010

They have lots of "beds", and I've got stuff to make more beds. Plus they will take over any chair that has no one sitting in it

Re: More questions - aka picking everyone's brains - esgunn - 08-03-2010

THose were my questions. My practicle side says you better leave it the way it is...but how are you going to be visiting/entertaining. THat is the real question and one you may not even know the answer to now.

Re: More questions - aka picking everyone's brains - Gourmet_Mom - 08-03-2010

Sharon, if you store the sofa, you could always change it back. The one question I have, what will you do with the wine cooler and table? I'm thinking you'd want to keep the wine cooler, and I think you'd regret not having a table to sit at to have dinner, play cards, cut out patterns and sew, etc. Also, will you be able see the TV from your captain chairs if it's in the slide when extended?

Re: More questions - aka picking everyone's brains - Mare749 - 08-03-2010

Okay, so now I've gotten Ron involved in this and he asked an important question. Does the Infinite Child II have a satellite dish? Or do you plan on staying in campgrounds that have cable and WiFi? If not, you won't be watching much TV anyway. He also had an opinion on the TV. Said he would sell the big TV and buy a smaller flat screen to mount or set up somewhere in the motorhome, like in the bedroom. Just one man's opinion...

Re: More questions - aka picking everyone's brains - farnfam - 08-03-2010

But those are some good points, Ron

Go, Ron! Very good idea on the smaller flat screen wall mount!

Re: More questions - aka picking everyone's brains - Harborwitch - 08-03-2010

Okay - I'm going to try to address all of the questions.

We would certainly store the sofa. The dining table, wine cooler, and 3 chairs will still fit in the slide. I have figured out the cutting for sewing and that's going to work.

We don't watch TV in bed - we kiss goodnight, stick our ear buds in our ears and fall asleep listening to our books.

We currently have a DTV dish with HD and we're thinking about pulling the dish down and putting it on a tripod. I'd love a tracking system - but too costly. Bob thinks he can do the wiring so it's in a basement compartment and hidden.

We can see the slide from all three chairs. And, given a little ingenuity we can pull chairs from the dining set up for additional viewers.

We do have an awning, and are thinking about getting an "awning drop" or some kind of screened room affair.

Sounds to me like you've got all bases covered. I say go for it!