Cuisine at home Forums
We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen (/showthread.php?tid=105652)

We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen - Harborwitch - 08-07-2010

The guy who coordinates the Farmers' Market called last night and said they were opening today so away we went this AM!

There were 2 tables, and mostly cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and cabbage. This is what we came home with:
[Image: DSCN5284_edited.jpg]

Check out the size of the cabbage - for $1.00!!!
[Image: DSCN5285.jpg]

Next week there's supposed to be more - sweet corn included. We'll be there. I couldn't believe that $6.00 got all that beautiful stuff.

Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen - Roxanne 21 - 08-07-2010

Can you export???

What a bargain!!!!!!!!!

Now what are you gonna do with the goodies??

Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen - cjs - 08-07-2010

Congratulations on finding one close!!!

Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen - farnfam - 08-07-2010

OOOOoooo, I am GREEN with envy, and only $6, what a deal

Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen - Harborwitch - 08-07-2010

This is the horseradish Cousin Roy brought us. I picked today - hotter than #ell, humid, and miserable to grate it all and get it in the freezer. It's freezing in small containers and piles so that I can bag them and have them to use later.

[Image: DSCN5290.jpg]

Bob wants stuffed cabbage (in this heat???? ) I may pull off some leaves to use tonight for dinner. The peppers, bells are for ???? and the Hungarian Wax peppers are going to get stuffed with cheese and ??? and baked. Playtime. Hmmmmmm I have some rice in the fridge - some really good burger in the freezer maybe the bells will get stuffed too?

Onions - I need lots of scallions for dinner Tuesday - so these might get used for salads, etc. instead so I've got the scallions for the pork belly.

Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen - DFen911 - 08-07-2010

I stuffed my peppers too with shredded chicken, cilantro and cojita cheese.

Save the outleaves and make cabbage rolls, and shread half for a salad and stuff the other half. Man I love cabbage...SO versatle.

Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen - Harborwitch - 08-08-2010

Creamed cabbage, cole slaw, stuffed cabbage, pickled cabbage, steamed cabbage. Yum. It's all good!

Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen - cjs - 08-08-2010

...and don't forget Beerox (aka Runza & Beirox)

Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen - luvnit - 08-09-2010

Wow Sharon! Those are all beauties!