Cuisine at home Forums
HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe (/showthread.php?tid=107136)

HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe - DonnaBee - 09-01-2010

I can't find my C@H that had the meat pies in it... the meat pies consisted of ground meat, cinnamon, onions, red pepper (maybe a few other things), and were all put in a 'packet' of puff pastry dough. Does anyone vaguely remember this recipe? Looking to make a few things that freeze and eat easily... Thanks

Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe - cjs - 09-01-2010

I just did a search and didn't find one - can you give us an approximate issue number or when the issue came out??

Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe - luvnit - 09-01-2010

All I could think of was the Empanada from the Feb 2007 issue, but it was turkey and pie crust.

However I did see that there was an article in Cuisine No. 17 (October 1999), pages 37-39 . Perhaps the recipe was included in this article. I don't have that issue.

It wasn't in Issue 17 - this one is a chicken pot pie and seasonings are completely different.

Hang on, DonnaBee - someone can still come on and remember what you're looking for.

Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe - chef_Tab - 09-01-2010

I am thinking they were empanadas too, and made with puff pastry. If it's those, I made them too and they were fabulous. Darn....if only I remember when that was. My back issues are in storage, but I am pretty sure it was over a year ago. Seems to me there may have been corn in there too, but today is definitely not my day for thinking. Or if it is my day, we are all in trouble.

Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe - esgunn - 09-01-2010

Welcome DonnaBee. Could they be the greek phyllo wraps in August 2004 issue? They had turkey, pepper, onions, cinnamon, nutmeg and other things. Also talks about doubling the batch and freezing. I can type it up later if you thing this is the one?

Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe - HomeCulinarian - 09-01-2010

Hi, DonnaBee.. Might it be Turkey Empanadas with mushrooms and mole Cuisine at home No. 61 (February 2007), pages 6-7 ?

Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe - chef_Tab - 09-01-2010

or could it have been calzones? from feb "08?

Donna????

Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe - pjcooks - 09-01-2010

Looking, looking, but so far nothing. Sorry I can't help.

PJ