Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? (/showthread.php?tid=108121)

Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? - cjs - 09-20-2010

What's on the menu for everyone??

Back to some healthy for us - Fish tacos with Sesame-Ginger Slaw.

Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? - Mare749 - 09-20-2010

Hmmm, that sounds good. No idea what we're having just yet. Ron is on vacation for two weeks, so dinners will be on the fly.

Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? - cjs - 09-20-2010

Two weeks?? How fun - have a great time!!

Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? - Trixxee - 09-20-2010

I think I'm making chicken with an apple cider/mustard pan sauce and browned butter brown rice w/toasted pecans and then some spinach.

Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? - HomeCulinarian - 09-20-2010

My fridge is stuffed and I'm out of storage containers... so it's time for leftovers!

Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? - Harborwitch - 09-20-2010

I have a green tomato from Kim's garden to fry up. Other than that I'm not sure. We've got to eat up some cabbage, tomatoes, and Asian pears. Maybe a slaw with the pears and cabbage with . . . .????

Well, I got side-tracked and made some pizzza dough and played with a Crab pizza...... (well, the fish isn't really thawed for the tacos, so.)

Jeanette, I'm in the same boat, just went down and checked the l/o shelf in the freezer, man, we can eat a while from there.

Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? - Gourmet_Mom - 09-20-2010

OH! That dip! >>>>>>Smacks forhead<<<<<<< I forgot about that...LOL! Now all things are clear!

I'm testing a Pasta Primavera with Shrimp recipe. It's one I've worked on for years. I have a published recipe I work from, but I change so much of it, I don't think it will be a problem. I don't have hopes of this one being a possible pick, though, since there are so many out there and so many are the same. We'll see.

There may be a lot of them out there, but I always look when I see "Pasta Primavera" to see what twist is included - AND if Shrimp is included, you've got me.

Daphne, you may have to make a list of the recipes you're working with and tape it on the wall in front of you - that's the only thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow (most of the time. )

Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? - chef_Tab - 09-20-2010

I planned to (finally) make the chicken merango, but forgot to defrost the chicken so it is floating in water as I type. I am drinking a beer while checking in with email, facebook, and forum. If the chicken defrosts before the beer affects me, dinner is on. If not, leftover bulgogi.

as an aside, I made the spicy bloody marias from the latest issue last night for our friends and we all loved them! I might add more vodka next time, but boy were those yummy.