Cuisine at home Forums
C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners (/showthread.php?tid=108378)

C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners - cjs - 09-27-2010

It's almost October and time for the cooler weather dinners. How about we collect our favorite winter dishes from Cuisine @ Home that we make over and over. Shall we leave this thread up until mid-November and then we might start collecting holiday favorites?????

EDITED TO ADD: If the source is not listed, how will we find these treasures??? Don't have to type the recipe (but, thank you, Labs!), but we do need the publications and/or number.)

Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners - piano226 - 09-27-2010

Well there are many but a few that come to mind are
Norwegian meatballs
French Onion Salisbury steak
almost all the soups from the soup book
Manicotti
Steak Diane

Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners - cjs - 09-27-2010

...and we will find them.... (how many soup books are there?)

Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners - DFen911 - 09-27-2010

A good hearty beef stew with a nice thick broth you mop up with a piece of good bread

Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners - Gourmet_Mom - 09-27-2010

Oh, I'll have to think about this one a bit. But right off the bat, the Lasagna Soup is at the top of our list.

Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners - labradors - 09-27-2010

Mushroom and Barley Soup

Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners - cjs - 09-28-2010

Thanks Labs -

To all - please see the 'edited to add' in initial thread.

Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners - foodfiend - 09-28-2010

One which comes to mind is the Orange-Glazed Salmon from Weeknight Menus because it goes so well with mashed sweet potatoes. And in the same issue is an Apple-Cheddar Salad and a hearty soup with shrimp and (warming) chipotle pepper.

I'll have to think about more recent ones; this was a special issue which I picked up a few years ago and have made several of the recipes over and over as standards.

Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners - farnfam - 09-28-2010

There are many, but the all time winner is:
Eggplant Rolatini Issue 60 pg 14-15 OMG that is a good one, serve with fettucine or Crusty Italian bread YUM

Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners - labradors - 09-28-2010

Quote:

Thanks Labs -

To all - please see the 'edited to add' in initial thread.

Oops! Forgot that you had asked for C@H recipes, and the soup recipe I suggested was NOT from C@H. It IS delicious, though, and (obviously) comes to mind automatically when I am asked about winter recipes.