Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Sunday Dinner - 10/10/10?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Sunday Dinner - 10/10/10?? (/showthread.php?tid=109047)

What's for Sunday Dinner - 10/10/10?? - cjs - 10-10-2010

What's on everyone's menu??

It's play time in my kitchen today - I've going to make the three pizzas that Wine O'Clock wine bar offered - with champagne.

Later today, I found some dried corn husks in the pantry, so I'm going to make some tamales. Play day.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 10/10/10?? - Trixxee - 10-10-2010

I'm taking a break today. We're going to see Secretariat and then Tony found a coupon in the paper for 45% off for Bob's Big Boy (which happens to be next to the theater). I just want a good old fashioned hamburger and a salad with roquefort dressing.

I haven't been to a Bob's in 25 years, when the only one in the county left. Now we have a new one. Bob's is not below my palate - LOL.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 10/10/10?? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-10-2010

We just got in from homecoming at the church...UGH! I played dish pig for the last hour and a half, so dinner is going to be simple. I imagine William is going to insist I make the other crab pizza unless someone thinks the crab/cream sauce would freeze...I know the dough will freeze. Then we had a LOT of the macaroni salad left from lunch. I'm going to let the boys pig out on that stuff. I'm just going to make a nice comforting pot of chicken noodle soup.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 10/10/10?? - luvnit - 10-10-2010

Not sure what order I am going to make these in, but I have some things I need to get rid of and make into dishes for the week. I have a huge week and it's very busy so I want to be ahead of the game.

-Tex Mex Lasagna
-Spaghetti Pie
-Chicken Enchiladas (freeze for later)
-Beef stroganoff

All very basic recipes but handy to have in the fridge for dinners and leftover lunches. I won't have a lot of time for cooking. I will add some fresh salads and fruits to keep things balanced.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 10/10/10?? - cjs - 10-10-2010

Daphne,most bechamels freeze great.

Get all that done, Laura, and you really will be ahead of the game.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 10/10/10?? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-10-2010

Thanks, Jean....another angle on the recipe. It'll be ready to try out with singles next weekend. William doesn't need that AND the pasta tonight...GEEZ! He was so funny when we got home yesterday. He wanted to know where his pizza was...I had sent Ashley to the camp with the last 3 slices and told her to tell her dad he didn't get any, since his was at home...LOL!

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 10/10/10?? - esgunn - 10-10-2010

It is Sunday night football and nachos.

I really need to get my housecleaning done and laundry done, but not motivated at all.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 10/10/10?? - cjs - 10-10-2010

Oh the heck with the work, Erin, just enjoy your Sunday - how's you little guy feeling by now?

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 10/10/10?? - labradors - 10-10-2010

Still have some of each of those chipotle dishes left, but also have about half a cooked chicken left. Feel like using a bunch of garlic again (can tell I'm not a vampire - LOL!). Since the chicken is already cooked, coating if to cook with cornstarch for the Honey Garlic Chicken probably wouldn't work too well, so I'm still deciding how I'll throw things together.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 10/10/10?? - Mare749 - 10-10-2010

We're grilling western ribs with Asian sauce, steamed rice and peas. Keeping it simple since we got the most gorgeous weather here and want to be outside.