Cuisine at home Forums
Brussel Sprouts - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Brussel Sprouts (/showthread.php?tid=109135)

Brussel Sprouts - Mare749 - 10-11-2010

Got these at the market today and thought they were fun:

[Image: October11.jpg]

Re: Brussel Sprouts - esgunn - 10-11-2010

Yummmm! Roasted brussel sprouts.

Re: Brussel Sprouts - luvnit - 10-11-2010

Oh my, those are beautiful!

Re: Brussel Sprouts - HomeCulinarian - 10-11-2010

I agree - Roasted is my favorite way to prepare these little guys.

Re: Brussel Sprouts - Gourmet_Mom - 10-11-2010

How fun!!!! I never thought I'd like them. It's not something we ever had growing up. I finally got the nerve to try them roasted last year and really liked them, but the rest of the crew hated them. Oh well!

Re: Brussel Sprouts - cjs - 10-11-2010

I love when I can find them on the stem!! They are gorgeous, Maryann - one of our favorites. What have you decided to do with them?

Re: Brussel Sprouts - Trixxee - 10-11-2010

Ohhh, Trader Joe's sells them on the stem like that! I made them for the first time last year. All I remember is the recipe involved balsamic vinegar and it was very good. My husband thought he didn't like them but he ate it.

Re: Brussel Sprouts - Harborwitch - 10-11-2010

If you can't figure out what to do with those you can just send them to me!!! LOL

I absolutely love them on the stem. You know they're fresh.

Re: Brussel Sprouts - foodfiend - 10-11-2010

Oh oh oh oh oh, it is that time of year again!

I love Brussel sprouts, just roasted with olive oil and garlic and lemon. TJ's had stalks full of them last year at a great price and I made the 45 minute trip three times just to buy them.

Re: Brussel Sprouts - Mare749 - 10-11-2010

I didn't use them tonight as we were using up l/os, so they will be on the menu tomorrow. I split the stalk with my daughter who was as fascinated as I was. As for cooking, I'll be roasting them with a bit of olive oil and garlic, and might just try a drizzle of balsamic cream on them.