Cuisine at home Forums
Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! (/showthread.php?tid=109267)

Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! - cjs - 10-13-2010

Just look at these hummers - I'm so making them!!

http://www.heartbreakrecoverykitchen.com/2010/08/12/cinnamon-roll-contest-winner/

Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! - Harborwitch - 10-13-2010

Hmmmmmmmm. I have left over cooked pork . . . maybe. . . !

Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! - Gourmet_Mom - 10-13-2010

Jean, I'm going to let you or Sharon try this one first. I DO have some leftover pork I could use, but I'm having a little trouble wrapping my brain around this one.

Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! - Mare749 - 10-13-2010

Oh my, I'm not having any trouble wrapping my brain around that one! Looks/sounds fabulous. Not exactly calorie friendly, but maybe for a splurge? Kind of reminds me a bit of the steamed buns from the Asian market that have bbq pork in them. Ron loves those.

Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! - luvnit - 10-13-2010

Oh man my son would love these! I am going to have to remember this for when I have leftover pork. Not sure I would make pulled pork just to make this.

Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! - cjs - 10-13-2010

"Not sure I would make pulled pork just to make this." - hmmm, I think I would!

Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! - Gourmet_Mom - 10-13-2010

I'm still not sold on it, BUT I just had a thought. I wonder how it would be with shredded venison? I'm thinking William and the boys would like that! The cinnamon seems to make more sense with the venison, for some reason. As a matter of fact, William is going to marinate some venison "strap" meat in some Texas Pete to cook Saturday. (An idea he got from another hunter.) If he has some left over, I think I might just freeze it to try it out the following weekend and take out to the "boys".

Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! - cjs - 10-13-2010

Daphne, dear, do you mean you've never tried my Cinnamon-Coffee rub?????? Shame on you - it's great on chicken, beef, pork, just about everything! Cinnamon goes with savory very well.

1 Tablespoon Saigon Cinnamon
2 teaspoons cocoa
2 teaspoons Instant Espresso powder
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 cloves of garlic, very finely chopped

Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! - Mare749 - 10-13-2010

mmmmm...mmmmm! I would definately make pulled pork just to try these.

Daphne, I'm kind of surprised that this sounds strange to you. Since you live in the south, I kind of assumed you would like pulled pork sandwiches. That's all this is. Recipe is copied and printed.

Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! - Harborwitch - 10-13-2010

I love that rub!

Cinnamon goes great with chicken, beef, pork, and lamb. The Greeks use a lot of cinnamon in savory dishes. It's an ingredient in lots of Latin American dishes. I use cinnamon in the sauce I serve on Huevos Rancheros. Of course the different kinds of cinnamon make a difference too.

I think the only time I've ever had something with cinnamon that was gawdawfull was spaghetti sauce. Perhaps she got the idea from Pastitsio they had at our house. Just not the same thing at all.