Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner? 10/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner? 10/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=109381)

T.G.I.F. Dinner? 10/15?? - cjs - 10-15-2010

What's on everyone's menu?

I'm not sure yet.

Just a reminder - Daphne's Reveiw Dinner is due Monday...
(is anyone in the wings thinking of another one??)

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? 10/15?? - labradors - 10-15-2010

Left over ribs with leftover quinoa.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? 10/15?? - HomeCulinarian - 10-15-2010

We will be having appies at the local Jr. College's "Gala" fundraiser for scholarships... then dancing.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? 10/15?? - Trixxee - 10-15-2010

Thinking about making this Sunset Magazine recipe. Made it a few years ago. Easy, tasty and a little bit of steak goes a long way.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001534886

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? 10/15?? - cjs - 10-15-2010

I'm thinking it may be pizza - I have some chicken I tossed with the leftover cherry cola rib sauce and stuck in the freezer - sounds good.

Also thinking of stuffing some poblanos with a corn 'souffle' type filling, hmmmmmm. oh, or with the corn tamale filling...play time.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? 10/15?? - farnfam - 10-15-2010

I'm thinking about papusas. A Honduran friend of YD's makes them and we loved them in OH. I'm searching thru some recipes online to try and find a way to copycat. I have masa harina, and some ground turkey to spice up for filling but I'm really flying blind here.
Any suggestions??

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? 10/15?? - Mare749 - 10-15-2010

I'm thinking of trying to get a flight out to Jean's house. Since that probably won't happen in time for dinner....it's going to be grilled chicken tonight and a mixed veggie salad. Also got a nice mix of those yummy tiny potatoes that Gil roasted for us, (red, purple and fingerlings) so we will roast those.

This is all sounding a bit boring after hearing about corn souffle filled poblanos...

Quote:

Thinking about making this Sunset Magazine recipe. Made it a few years ago. Easy, tasty and a little bit of steak goes a long way.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001534886

Hmmmm... tallarín saltado... Literally "sautéed noodle." Basically, it's an Asian stir fry with noodles added. In a way, it's sort of like Vicci's Soba Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables, but deconstructed and reassembled, with a few different ingredients, into a fusion dish. Although the Spanish name implies thinner, longer noodles (e.g. Asian noodles), the fusili sounds great for holding it all together.

Shall have to give this one a try, some day.

Quote:

I'm thinking about papusas. A Honduran friend of YD's makes them and we loved them in OH. I'm searching thru some recipes online to try and find a way to copycat. I have masa harina, and some ground turkey to spice up for filling but I'm really flying blind here.
Any suggestions??

In Honduras, the pupusas usually have quesillo (a cheese very similar to Mozzarella), chicharron (a pork filling) or both. Usually chicharron refers to pork rinds, but in El Salvador, where pupusas originated, it's cooked pork that is ground into a paste. I'm not sure which of the chicharron definitions is used for Honduran pupusas.

Probably won't be able to get the information in time for tonight's dinner, but I'll try to get a local, authentic-Honduran recipe for you.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? 10/15?? - farnfam - 10-15-2010

Thanks, Rob