Cuisine at home Forums
Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings (/showthread.php?tid=109760)

Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings - cjs - 10-22-2010

Here's my recipe for the dough - or, just sub truffle salt and truffled infused oil in your favorite dough recipe.

Truffle Pizza Dough

3 cups (15 oz.) all-purpose flour
1/3 cup (1.7 oz) whole wheat flour
1/4 cup (.7 oz) dry milk powder
2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. truffle salt
1 tsp. garlic powder and dry basil (I think I'll leave these out next round and see how we like it)
2 tsp. active dry yeast
2 tsp. truffle oil
1 1/4 cup warm water

Combine the flours, milk powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder, basil and yeast in the bowl of a food processor; ‘buzz’ it up to combine well. With machine running, add the truffle oil following immediately with the warm water. Process just until the dough forms a ball. Remove from processor and knead the dough to 3 to 4 minutes; then put it in a large, oiled zip-lock bag and allow to rise in a warm place (75° to 80°F.) 1 hour until doubled in size.

Punch dough down and shape into a ball; refrigerate for 35 minutes to 1 hour. The dough can be left in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours to develop flavors. If it rises in the bowl, punch it down, re-cover and put it back in the refrigerator. The dough can be punched down 4 times before using. Or, you can freeze the dough at this time for up to 3 months..

When ready to use, remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for 4 to 6 hours before using. If the dough is frozen, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator; then allow it to come to room temperature.

CJ’s tip: Recipe makes about 28 oz. of dough – enough for 3 10-12-inch pizzas.

Here's the pizza ready to bake - with the cheeses: Mt. Townsend TruffleStack (one you bought also, Sharon), Chaumes (one we found at Central Mkt. cause they were out of Taleggio and is it every tasty!!), Mozz, Parm. and the mushrooms - shiitake and Bunashimeji (Beech).

[Image: CIMG0064.jpg]

After baked, I wish the mushrooms showed better. I used the cheese on the bottom and some on the top both.

[Image: CIMG0067.jpg]

The wine we had with this pizza was just outstanding! BV '05 Reserve Tapastry Red wine (it was the best, but so close) and Cotes du Rhone.

Re: Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings - Harborwitch - 10-22-2010

Thank you thank you thank you! Gads this looks and sounds so amazing. I think it's happening soon.

Uhm, how'd the TJ's pizza dough go?

Re: Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings - cjs - 10-22-2010

Oh, I forgot to mention it - it's very good, I would recommend it to anyone pressed for time.

Ok - uh, I have so much nothing to do, I might have to check it out! LOL Thanks for the heads up, it just might come in handy.

We are making a new Roman Shade for the window on the door this weekend. Sheeesh. This will be a project!

Re: Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings - Gourmet_Mom - 10-22-2010

Oh, my, Jean! That looks wonderful! Truffle salt and truffle oil need to be on my Christmas list. I've been meaning to get some for a couple of other ideas mentioned on here, but keep forgetting.

Now I'm set to make this - must find the whole wheat flour and the truffle salt.

Re: Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings - cjs - 10-23-2010

Oh, just thought of something else. Last winter I also infused truffle flavor into flour - how the heck did I do that? I think I measure out like 1 cup flour and added 1/2 tsp. of truffle salt and took those measurements into account when I used it. I think that was it. darn memory.