Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? (/showthread.php?tid=110014)

What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? - cjs - 10-25-2010

What's on the menu for everyone?

My new wok is all seasoned and ready to go - I'm going to do it right this time and "learn" myself to stir-fry properly. So, starting at the beginning of Grace Young's book - making Stir-Fried Garlic Spinach (have a piece of ham I can add to it and answer, "yes, there is meat in this"

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? - Trixxee - 10-25-2010

I still haven't made my C@H's shrimp tacos and cabbage slaw - need to before the cabbage goes bad. Spanish rice on the side.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? - Mare749 - 10-25-2010

I made spaghetti sauce and meatballs this morning and put that in the crockpot for later. Holly is coming over with the girls in between their after school activities and Ron is golfing after work. So, this way, I can just cook up some pasta as we need it.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? - Harborwitch - 10-25-2010

Have fun with the wok. That's another toy that Bob gets custody of - I wimp out on the heat.

Tonight we are finally having the truffle & mushroom pizza, the salad with balsamic roasted strawberries, steaks on the grill, and perhaps a dessert. We have a lovely shiraz.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? - HomeCulinarian - 10-25-2010

Looking forward to reading about Jean's adventures with the wok!

I'm working out of Cook's Illustrated best of 2010 cooking for two. We've had such a build up of leftovers lately.

Tonight, I'm going to make a pork tenderloin and sweet potato dinner. Have leftover artichoke salad and gazpacho to go with it.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? - karyn - 10-25-2010

We're also doing a CI recipe--the Skillet Chicken, Broccoli, Ziti, and Asiago. It's one of my favorite easy, comfort food dishes. I'm reducing the ingredients to fit into a 10" skillet, rather than the 12" skillet the recipe calls for, so that we don't have too many leftovers either.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? - Harborwitch - 10-25-2010

Dinner got postponed. Francois has to work late. Now I have no idea. Leftovers???

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? - cjs - 10-25-2010

Why??? You and Bob are special enough to have the Truffle Mushroom pizza!!!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-25-2010

I agree with Jean, Sharon!

I'm making an old Cooking Light recipe that I haven't made in a while: Honey Citrus Bbq Chicken. My side is the result of an intense search a couple of years ago for a Cheesy Squash Casserole like William's Grandmother used to make.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? - Trixxee - 10-25-2010

My plans have completely changed. That cabbage will have to wait for one more day.

Received the new CL today and this caught my eye - plus I had everything on hand. Kind of a boring name - Rotini and Cheese. LOL.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=50400000107396