Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? (/showthread.php?tid=110222)

T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? - cjs - 10-29-2010

What's for dinner? (I forgot to do this thread yesterday - did we miss any good new dishes??)

We're having Peppery Veggie Rice. Finally have soups in the freezer again, made three yesterday - ham & beans, split pea & ham, and Corn & Poblano chowder. That shelf sure looks good. Two more to go.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? - Mare749 - 10-29-2010

We're having an Asian meal tonight. Miso soup, Mom's Fish in a Clay Pot, sesame snow peas, and steamed rice.

Jean, I like your idea for making soups for the freezer. What type of container do you use for storing?

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? - cjs - 10-29-2010

I have some old plastic containers I used when I was personal cheffing - they hold about 2 1/2 - 3 cups of soup each. But, I also use sour cream, ricotta, whatever containers I empty.

With our new mid-day eating regime, it makes so much sense to have a variety of soups handy for a later small meal.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? - Trixxee - 10-29-2010

I'm making the country ribs with mango barbecue sauce from issue 70 only I'm using a pork tenderloin. Asparagus and baked potatoes as sides.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? - HomeCulinarian - 10-29-2010

Not sure... our pre-dance dinners have petered out becuase of conflicts. Probably some soup from the freezer, salad and bread.

"our pre-dance dinners have petered out becuase of conflicts." - oh, oh, that doesn't sound good.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? - HomeCulinarian - 10-29-2010

hahaha... not what I meant. The conflicts are of commitment, not among the people!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? - esgunn - 10-29-2010

Yesterday we had chicken breasts with avacado and grapefruit salsa from the most recent Cusine Light book.

Tonight will be taco soup for the kids and a grilled Porterhouse steak and brocolli for us. Steak is becoming our Friday night regular.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-29-2010

We're having steak night tonight, also. Last night I made an ACF Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo recipe. We like it a lot. William said I could make it again any time. I found it in MC.

Well, shoot, Jeannette, I was looking forward to some interesting posts from you....

Erin, you and Daphne are really Friday night Steak people! It is a fast and easy dinner, tho, isn't it. And, boy do we have the steaks in the freezer now.