Cuisine at home Forums
Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 (/showthread.php?tid=110238)

Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 - Dismc - 10-29-2010

Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Warning tho, not for the faint of heart. As much as we love heat, we were both wiping our brows. I wouldn't change a thing otherwise. Was a bit labor intensive for a weeknight but was really good. Be sure to include the Cilantro Noodles. They made the soup.

Re: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 - cjs - 10-29-2010

I had skipped over this one because of the tofu, but I forgot months ago, I promised myself I would work with and learn more about adding tofu to dishes.

Thanks for posting the review and the warning.

Re: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 - chef_Tab - 10-29-2010

Jean, you are breaking my heart! I LOVE tofu! Too bad Sonja isn't around anymore, I am pretty sure her hubby eats it daily. I think miso soup is her favorite recipe using tofu. I love to cut it into planks, season well, grill, and serve with that greek salsa on spinach fettucine. That is my number one favorite dinner.......EVER!

Theresa, I promise I WILL USE IT ann get used to it.

Re: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 - Old Bay - 10-29-2010

Quote:

I had skipped over this one because of the tofu, but I forgot months ago, I promised myself I would work with and learn more about adding tofu to dishes.

Thanks for posting the review and the warning.

I may try this--hot and sour is the only thing where I eat tofu. I wonder if the local food bank takes leftover tofu!! My Chinese place makes wonderful soup. Maybe I'll pass.

C'mon Bill, suck it up - If I can do it, you can too!

Re: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 - Gourmet_Mom - 10-29-2010

I MIGHT be able to try this IF I didn't tell William what was in it...LOL! But then, that would require me to trick myself...LOL!

Since his local Chinese fix is closed for a few months, he will be visiting the Thai place more. He likes their food, and I'm sure he's had tofu there...just didn't know it...LOL! So I may be able to sneak some by him....LOL!

Re: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 - Mare749 - 10-29-2010

Thanks for the review, Shannon and especially for the warning about the heat. I'll be making this one for sure, if I ever get my new issue!