Cuisine at home Forums
Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? (/showthread.php?tid=110374)

Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? - cjs - 10-31-2010

It's almost NOVEMBER!!! And, I almost forgot this thread again...

What's on the menu for everyone on this Halloween night?

We are finally having a dish I had the recipe for laying on the island for at least a month! Orecchiette with White Beans & Pesto. Have to look at the store for a veggie.

Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? - Harborwitch - 10-31-2010

Oooh that sounds so good.

We have a left over steak I'm going to slice it up and fake a stroganoff - some rice and a nice big salad.

Yesterday we ventured out and went to The Delta Farmers' Market All I can say is WOW - we'll be doing most all of our produce shopping there, beautiful.

It was neat - we ran into my first Boss here on the Delta. Might be some open doors there. It's really nice because it's only a few miles from us and closer than the grocery store.

Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-31-2010

I'm seriously considering an old family Sunday dinner: Chicken Pastry, butter beans, collards, chicken salad, and deviled eggs. On this perfect fall day, this is the ultimate comfort food at my house.

Oh, I totally forgot! This meal wouldn't be complete without fried corn bread!

Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? - farnfam - 10-31-2010

Woke up to a blankie of light snow, flurries on and off today, but again not sticking
Going for a nice walk and then maybe I'll feel like cooking something. In the meantime I'll keep checking this thread for inspiration.
Daph, are you walking the lake today?? Hope so

Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-31-2010

I need to! I'm still trying to finish up grades. But I think I'll take a break later this afternoon and go for a walk. William and I have talked about starting a walking regime. It has finally gotten cool enough to enjoy it. Last week we were back up into the 80s! But today is GREAT!

Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? - luvnit - 10-31-2010

Well Cis won't get much inspiration from me. It's Halloween so it something quick: frozen pizza.

Now tomorrow it will be an Italian Fiest: Spaghetti, Meatballs and Marinara, garlic bread, salad and an Antipasto platter with tomatoes, mozzerella and pesto, also salami wrapped breadsticks, and some red wine.

But today is just easy.

Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? - foodfiend - 10-31-2010

Cis-- SNOW?!?! I guess that it's time,though, especially up there where you are. I don't think that I've ever had tomatoes in the garden on Halloween, though...

Sunday Pizza Night. Tonight I think that I'll just brush the dough with garlic oil, sprinkle with mozzarella, add some tomatoes and hot peppers, then a little parm.

Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? - cjs - 10-31-2010

That Orecchiette with White Beans & Pesto is just wondeful for such a simple/nothing dinner!! It's out ot the Carb's Lover book. Really good.

Made the Chocolate Gingerbread cake today also, for Roy's B'day tomorrow - had a slice before sending it around the neighborhood.

Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? - karyn - 10-31-2010

We're having a CI recipe - Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. The recipe makes two pies, so I froze the stuff for one last time I made it. It'll be a perfect dinner at the end of a really busy weekend.