Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? (/showthread.php?tid=111293)

What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? - cjs - 11-13-2010

What's on everyone's menu for today?

We're having another stir-fry, from Grace Young's book, Chinese Indian Vegetarian Fried Rice. This one has an interesting premise - hot cooked rice for a stir-fry, which has always been a no-no!!

From the book's decription: " When I mentioned that Chinese fried rice is always made with cold cooked rice, the chef explained that they use basmati rice to suit Indian tastes.

Basmati rice is naturally fluffier and drier than the more traditional long-grain rice, so it can be stir-fried right out of the pot."

Anxious to try this.

Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? - labradors - 11-13-2010

Would like to hear more about that one, Jean. Quite a while back, I splurged at an import store and bought a 25-pound bag (only size available at the time) of basmati rice, so I shan't be running out of THAT for a while!

Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? - Harborwitch - 11-13-2010

I am told we are having sashimi tonight. So far this is unconfirmed - but I'm crossing my fingers.

Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? - cjs - 11-13-2010

25 lb. bag!! I'll be sure to let you know how this works, Labs.

Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? - chef_Tab - 11-13-2010

We have been invited to a dinner party, so it will remain a surprise until dinner is served. We hardly know the hosts, and have never met the other guests so I am a bit nervous.

Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? - cjs - 11-13-2010

Take a beer with you, Theresa - you'll be fine...

yes, much beer and a bottle of wine

Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? - Mare749 - 11-13-2010

No cooking today except for the birthday cake I baked for Ron. I did cook a big birthday breakfast this morning, so he will be fine for quite a while. We have a play to go to tonight and always eat light beforehand so we don't fall asleep. I'm thinking a chef salad with chicken will be enough as we always go out for a snack afterwards.

Tomorrow will be his birthday dinner.

Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? - Gourmet_Mom - 11-13-2010

I think I'll make Vicci's dinner tonight. I should be fixing the Chicken Balsamico, but that's on the back burner for a few days.

Happy Birthday Ron!!! Have a great evening out.