Cuisine at home Forums
O.T. - For our Beloved Compassionate Conservatives - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: O.T. - For our Beloved Compassionate Conservatives (/showthread.php?tid=111673)

O.T. - For our Beloved Compassionate Conservatives - cjs - 11-18-2010

Since we've been having our 'dinner/supper' (still don't know what to call this darn meal) mid-day, we've been watching "Shep" Sheppard something on fox news from noon to 1 p.m. here and I just love this guy! I knew Roy would not sit still to eat with a liberal news program on - or it would give him indigestion, if he did.

Does anyone else watch him? Today, on his show he was doing the commentary on a semi-car chase in Dade County, Florida - the guy wove in and out and the only one keeping up with him, was a news guy in a helicopter overhead. We followed him in and out of traffic going like a bat out of hell - finally turned off the main thoroughfare onto a side street, to another small street, pulled in the parking lot of a complex drove right into a parking spot, parked, got out, put his jacket on and entered the bldg.

Meanwhile, cop cars were going here and there not knowing who or what the hell they were looking for. And, if you've ever watched Sheppard, you can imagine how they were crucified by his tongue.

It was an absolute riot!! Well, 1 p.m. came too soon and the next guy came on, some guy who I can't stand listening to yell at me, so we turned it off. don't know yet what happened, but hopefully we'll hear tomorrow. Sheppard thought it might be a guy late for work........

Anyway, the whole point of this was to ask Bill if he and Jane watch this guy - he is just a hoot.

Re: O.T. - For our Beloved Compassionate Conservatives - Gourmet_Mom - 11-18-2010

William is a HUGE Fox fan, but I'm not sure if he's ever seen this guy. Is that the only time of day he comes on? If I loose control of the channel changer, Fox will be on. Do you ever watch Glenn Beck?

LOL! I just reread you message and realize my error. You would not normally watch Fox...OOPS! I guess your answer would be no...LOL!

Re: O.T. - For our Beloved Compassionate Conservatives - cjs - 11-18-2010

(got that right!!)

I think Sheppard is on a couple times a day. It's probably 3 p.m. when you get the show we watch.

Re: O.T. - For our Beloved Compassionate Conservatives - Gourmet_Mom - 11-18-2010

I'll have to check him out over the holidays, then.

Re: O.T. - For our Beloved Compassionate Conservatives - Lorraine - 11-18-2010

Never heard of him, but then, our tv rarely gets turned on before evening. Will watch for him.

Re: O.T. - For our Beloved Compassionate Conservatives - Old Bay - 11-18-2010

Quote:

(got that right!!)

I think Sheppard is on a couple times a day. It's probably 3 p.m. when you get the show we watch.

To my favorite Bleeding Heart Liberal: I'm so proud of you!! By the way, I watch MSNBC every now and then just to see what they are up to!!
Shep is really funny and dry. I don't get to see him very often because of the time he comes on. I like Fox but don't watch it all the time--my favorite is Dennis Miller--he has a spot on O'Reilly called "Miller Time"--hilarious!! You could switch back and forth until you find out when he is on--I don't think you would enjoy O'Reilly. Let Roy watch it and call you for "Miller Time". I really think Chris Wallace (son of Mike) gives a center right, balanced report--you might like him.

Re: O.T. - For our Beloved Compassionate Conservatives - cjs - 11-18-2010

No, I'm not real impressed with any of them....remember who you're talking to. except Sheppard.

Re: O.T. - For our Beloved Compassionate Conservatives - Old Bay - 11-18-2010

No problem, you are very easy to love . We are so looking forward to wishing you and Roy Merry Christmas in person!!

Re: O.T. - For our Beloved Compassionate Conservatives - labradors - 11-18-2010

Shepard Smith is great and so is Glenn Beck. My tastes are eclectic, though: I like them, like (but don't always agree with) Neal Boortz and even like Michael Savage, but can't stand Rush Limbaugh.

Dennis Miller has been a favourite of mine since before he became conservative - namely back when he was the "anchor" for the "Weekend Update" segment on Saturday Night Live from 1985-1991. In a way, I'm surprised he was on SNL for that long, since it was painfully obvious that his delivery speed and very high intelligence were sending most of the best jokes way over the heads of the studio audience. I'll never forget his bit in which the screen behind him showed a puppet, the Ayatollah, and Oliver North and he zinged right through it with the brilliant "Kukla, Iran and Ollie" and talk about a "puppet dictator" while there were only a few faint snickers of recognitions (let alone understanding) from the audience.

Re: O.T. - For our Beloved Compassionate Conservatives - Trixxee - 11-19-2010

I generally have Fox on in the background when I'm home during the day. In my time zone (pacific) Shepard comes on from noon to 1:00 and then again from 4:00-5:00.

I have a lot of favorites on Fox. Shep, Megyn Kelly, Brett Baier, Juan Williams (even though I rarely agree with him but I still really like him), Charles Krauthammer, O'Reilly, Greta Van Sustren. I normally don't watch Hannity or Beck but I do listen to them on the radio.

My son (who is 11) does not like to miss Miller Time. He loves Dennis.