Cuisine at home Forums
Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine (/showthread.php?tid=113385)

Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine - Old Bay - 12-17-2010

Take a look at http://www.texaswinetrail.com/index.html and make your plans. We like Becker and Fall Creek. All are off I10 and between San Antonio and Austin. Enjoy. In the meantime we are planning your visit--the menu will include osso buco (with marrow spoons) and risotto, custom omelet,green chili cheesecake, & shrimp and remoulade sauce We will drink some wine, martinis?, and go out for Mexican food, Texas Bar BQ, and do some wine tasting at a local winery. We are a little intimidated entertaining a real chef and the husband she spoiled with her cooking, but I told Jane--"what the h-ll, we'll go for it"!! We are looking forward to it--drive carefully--we'll see you soon.

Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine - cjs - 12-17-2010

Oh my Lord, eat your hearts out everyone else on this forum!!!! Bill & Jane, you just amaze me with your hospitality. I am so drooling right now and can't wait for Roy to get up so I can make him drool also.

Off to check the 'Texas wine trail'

Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine - Gourmet_Mom - 12-17-2010

That's just cruel! Bill, from the pictures and menus, especially this one, I've seen, I don't think you and Jane have a thing to worry about.

Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine - Old Bay - 12-19-2010

We're going to have so much fun!! Looking forward to your arrival!!

Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine - Harborwitch - 12-19-2010

I am green with envy!!! That menu sounds amazing - and you all are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to see pictures!!!!

Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine - cheesemonger - 12-20-2010

Oh so excited to be in on some of this! I can't wait to share food and wine and good times with Jean and Roy!

Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine - cjs - 12-20-2010

Me too, Allison - is your Dad ready to let us adopt you?

Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine - cjs - 11-06-2011

Looking for Bill's recipe for Green Chili Cheesecake - I ran across this thread.

Bill, did we have this cheesecake while we were there? Why don't I remember it?

Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine - Old Bay - 11-06-2011

Quote:

Looking for Bill's recipe for Green Chili Cheesecake - I ran across this thread.

Bill, did we have this cheesecake while we were there? Why don't I remember it?

We make several versions--the one you had with us was a Mexican Cheesecake with salsa Rojo and Guacamole. I think you have Stop and Smell the Rosemary from Houston Jr League--it's on page 54. It's really good with Hatch--I have another recipe if you don't like this one--can freeze ahead of time---thaw, slice and serve.

Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine - cjs - 11-06-2011

I don't think there was anything we ate with you and Jane that we didn't love!!