Cuisine at home Forums
Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? (/showthread.php?tid=115780)

Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? - cjs - 01-23-2011

What's on everyone's menu for today?

Early game, we'll have pizza!! First time in over a month!I'm playing with a new one, sauteed fennel, Taleggio (thank you Allison/cheesemonger! ), and......

Later game, we're trying C@H Caesar salad nachos. Just a grazing kind of day. Almost wish it would snow here. (I know, bite my tongue!)

Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? - chef_Tab - 01-23-2011

Pizza sounds so good! We have been invited to friends' house for dinner and the games so dinner is a mystery to me. Personally, I would rather graze than have one big meal, but either way, it's a day off from cooking.

Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? - Trixxee - 01-23-2011

Since we have quite a few mussels leftover from the 5lb bag we bought at Costco yesterday, we're going to make a pot of steamers with a white wine/garlic/butter broth and a baguette for dipping. It's supposed to be back up to 80 today so I'm thinking a nice steak and salad would go good with the mussels.

Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-23-2011

I'm going to finally make the Yangchow rice dish...LOL! This has been on the menu for DAYS! But I'm committed now...shrimp is thawed!

Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? - cjs - 01-23-2011

Oh man, this is going to be another one of those days I want to be at everyone's homes to share!!!!

Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? - Trixxee - 01-23-2011

Well, we've got plenty!

Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? - Mare749 - 01-23-2011

I want to go to Trixxee's house! 80 degrees and mussels, oh my!

We're having pizza and salad today. Need an easy dinner as Katie has another basketball game and I have homework to finish.

Jean, we'll be glad to send you some of our snow. It was 6 degrees last night with a high of 12 today! The one nice thing about extreme cold is that the sun is out and the sky is blue. Actually a very pretty day.

Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? - cjs - 01-23-2011

Gotta say this pizza is smelling so wonderful ~ 5 minutes to go.......

Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? - cheesemonger - 01-23-2011

Jean, I can't believe any of that Tallegio made it all the way back to Washington with you!

I have overnight inventory tonight so I won't be making dinner. But I think I'll poach a couple of eggs from yesterday's farmer's market to have with toast and spinach before I head out. I love how rich and yummy fresh eggs are!

Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? - pjcooks - 01-23-2011

I think I'll make the braised pork chops and cabbage from the new issue. Picky will have hot dogs. That pizza does sound good. And nothing beats fresh eggs, Allison!