Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner - Monday, 1/24?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner - Monday, 1/24?? (/showthread.php?tid=115829)

What's for Dinner - Monday, 1/24?? - cjs - 01-24-2011

Geez, how does an ex-husband's b'day pop into my head almost every year?????

What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

Not sure here yet......will watch for ideas.

Re: What's for Dinner - Monday, 1/24?? - HomeCulinarian - 01-24-2011

We're taking a batch of roasted marinara from the freezer with some Italian sausages for an easy dinner tonight.

Re: What's for Dinner - Monday, 1/24?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-24-2011

I have no idea. I have some of Bill's Tortilla Soup in the freezer, so it may be that....something for a sicky. If I don't get inspired this afternoon, I guess that's what it will be.

Re: What's for Dinner - Monday, 1/24?? - cjs - 01-24-2011

I forgot - I have the other half of the stuffed poblanos. So, that will be ours with another mango salad, that was so good!!

Re: What's for Dinner - Monday, 1/24?? - Trixxee - 01-24-2011

I'm doing an old stand-by stew/curry recipe that I've been making for years. I always replace the milk with coconut milk as most of the other reviewers have done.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Fragrant-Beef-Curry-with-Rice-104202

Re: What's for Dinner - Monday, 1/24?? - vannin - 01-24-2011

In a fit of unspeakable lazynesss, we had cold chicken and hot chip butties with lots of salt and pepper. Yum, but wicked I suppose.

Re: What's for Dinner - Monday, 1/24?? - foodfiend - 01-24-2011

Quote:

hot chip butties

Dale, could you please explain this dish???

I'm playing with the crockpot and experimenting with a Thai chicken recipe. Hope it's edible. Keep you fingers crossed for me!

Re: What's for Dinner - Monday, 1/24?? - pjcooks - 01-24-2011

Will probably throw some burgers on the grill. I've shoveled 10, then 15 and then 19 inches of snow off that thing in the last week and I'm going to use it. Even if it's 9 degrees outside.

Yes, Dale, please explain hot chip butties. Some sort of pickle? or potato fry?

Re: What's for Dinner - Monday, 1/24?? - HomeCulinarian - 01-24-2011

I was wondering that too... Here's what google brought up. [Image: 590_16_04_10_3_18_34.jpg]

Re: What's for Dinner - Monday, 1/24?? - chef_Tab - 01-24-2011

so a french fry sandwich? wow!

you go PJ! You are definitely hardier than I. I like it above 30 to grill.

Vicci, I am sure your Thai dish will be fabulous. I find the crockpot intensifies flavors and haven't gone wrong with it yet.

Trixxee, my mouth is salivating and this must get on my menu soon. Yummmmm, curry.

Tonight is fast and easy soy sauce chicken on quinoa. It is one of my favorites and makes good leftovers for lunch too.