Cuisine at home Forums
Help!!! Crockpot chicken wings??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Help!!! Crockpot chicken wings??? (/showthread.php?tid=116552)

Help!!! Crockpot chicken wings??? - Harborwitch - 02-04-2011

I know we made these but I can't for the life of me find the recipe. We must have made them last summer??? I had to buy Siracha for them I think.

Re: Help!!! Crockpot chicken wings??? - cjs - 02-04-2011

Is it this one that Roy & I liked so much?

* Exported from MasterCook *

Asian Slow-Cooked Chicken Wings

2 lbs. chicken wings
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
2 T. honey
2 T. Plum sauce
2 T. Black Bean Garlic sauce

Cut each chicken wing into three pieces; discard the end pointy part and put the other parts of the wing in the slow cooker.

In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, barbecue sauce, honey, plum sauce, black bean garlic sauce and pour over the wings. Set slow cooker to high and cook for 2 1/2 hours; or, set to low and cook for 5 hours.

For sauces for the wings¸ here are two ideas:
1.After removing the wings from the slow cooker, pour the 'gravy' into small saucepan and thicken with a slurry of cornstarch (1 T. cornstarch mixed with 1 T. cold water).check if amts. correct.

2.Purchase or make a bleu cheese dressing for the wings.

I thawed out a couple pkgs. of what I thought was the front quarters of chicken. They turned out to be wings that I was saving for a party!!! darn. So, just cooked them up in the crockpot with these ingredients.

So, tonight we'll try them with the noodles and keep a few to try with the blue cheese (using Mom's roquefort dressing recipe)

Sharon - Okay - how much extra time do I need to add for frozen wings. Do you think doubling the recipe would increase the time???? I had to buy a 4lb bag of wings and think it would be cool to just cook them off and freeze the leftovers (uh - maybe leftovers) in smaller packages.

Me - I'll bet a good 6 hours on low would take care of them even frozen, Sharon. What a great treat to have these in the freezer ready to go when you hit a new stopping spot. They were sure good over the noodles. What an easy dinner.

Hmmm, good idea, may have to go find a 4 lber and get some in the freezer.

Description:
"Serve these wings as either an appetizer with a bleu cheese dressing, or over Udon noodles for an easy main dish. Both ways are delicious. - - - - - - - - - - - -

Re: Help!!! Crockpot chicken wings??? - Harborwitch - 02-04-2011

Thank you so much - saved my butt!

Re: Help!!! Crockpot chicken wings??? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-04-2011

Jean, these sound awesome! I think this would be perfect for Sunday! I've been wanting to do wings for quite a while, and this would certainly fill the bill. My one problem is the Black Bean Garlic sauce. What could I use?

Re: Help!!! Crockpot chicken wings??? - BarbaraS - 02-04-2011

Oh baby!! These sound sooooo goooood!!

Barbara

Re: Help!!! Crockpot chicken wings??? - cjs - 02-04-2011

"the Black Bean Garlic sauce. What could I use?" - I don't have the slightest idea....

Uhm - what is the "problem" with black bean garlic sauce???

Re: Help!!! Crockpot chicken wings??? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-04-2011

Cook's Thesaurus offers a homemade substitution, and the predominate ingredient is soy sauce. I'm going to go with that if I don't find the sauce at the store tomorrow. It makes sense.

Re: Help!!! Crockpot chicken wings??? - pjcooks - 02-04-2011

I think finding it is a problem. I can't find lots of things here in NH. I need to find specialty stores or expensive small stores to get a lot of things. Living in the country!

PJ

I was able to find it in North Dakota - one of the few things I could find.

Daphne - how about oyster sauce and some extra garlic???