Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? (/showthread.php?tid=117436)

What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? - cjs - 02-19-2011

What's on everyone's menu - I know Denise is smoking a brisket - I can smell it up here.....

Leftovers here - want to use up some of the 'stock' we talked about on Vicci's thread.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-19-2011

I'm going to get my planning done and make a final decision later. Jody's here (the employee) and needs some cheering up, so I want something special.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? - chef_Tab - 02-19-2011

I think we all know what I am having. Individual pork wellingtons with mushroom gravy, roasted carrots, and lemon broccoli. (Wegmans didn't have broccolini).

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? - Trixxee - 02-19-2011

Well, I've had a package of carne asada I bought from supposedly the best Latin market in S. Orange County in my freezer for 4 months. I'm hoping it is still good. We will grill that up for some tacos. If I can get some decent looking corn I'd like to make corn on the cob with a chile lime butter. And I think I'm going to purchase some guacamole from a little mexican place around the corner. The last time I bought avocados to make guac. 3 of 4 of them were bad.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? - Dismc - 02-19-2011

Having guests and so looking so forward to dinner. Flexing Mussels (with fennel and leek and red bell pepper in a delicious broth served over a small bed of pasta)- salad, and 18 hour bread to sop up the goodness. Pavlova for dessert.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? - Lorraine - 02-19-2011

The dinners sound great! The Church behind us is having a fundraiser dinner tonight, he'll be in the kitchen, I'll be a waitress. We'll probably have cabbage rolls when we get home, or a meatloaf sandwich.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-19-2011

Got it! I was trippin' through some old threads and somebody mentioned Jean's Beer Brats. It's absolutely gorgeous here. The lake is busy with boats. I'll make a pasta salad to go with...PERFECT!!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? - cjs - 02-19-2011

Sounds like a great spring dinner, Daphne!!

Shannon!! "Flexing Mussels (with fennel and leek and red bell pepper in a delicious broth served over a small bed of pasta)"

When you get a minute, I'd sure like to hear more about this one. Have fun!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? - BarbaraS - 02-19-2011

I'm doing Pork Wellington as well, but the one I'm doing is where you cut a "V" in the tenderloin and fill it in with Boursin cheese, then wrap it up in Prosciutto, fry a bit to make it stick, then wrap it up in Puff Pastry. Then, I'm doing a great variation on the Port Wine sauce with cranberries and changing out the cranberries for dried cherries. Great combo for the pork.

Barbara

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? - cjs - 02-19-2011

Sounds really good, Barbara!!