Cuisine at home Forums
Cheese help needed! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Cheese help needed! (/showthread.php?tid=117564)

Cheese help needed! - Harborwitch - 02-20-2011

Jean, Allison????

We bought a Mt. Townsend Creamery Cirrus - camembert didn't realize that, and we're not crazy about camembert but I'm wondering if I could grill it on a cherry plank and do the mango topping??????

Anyone?????

We're grilling oysters and I thought this would be perfect - but!

Re: Cheese help needed! - DFen911 - 02-20-2011

I'm not an expert but if I recall camembert is even softer than brie so might melt fast.

I had a baked Cam a few years ago that just had me drooling.

Re: Cheese help needed! - Harborwitch - 02-21-2011

We got some other cheese from this co. when we were in Port Angeles with Roy and Jean. But not this one. The last cam. we had was at a pot luck on the Island - it smelled and tasted like ammonia (only worse). It was so bad the guy who brought it took it down and threw it in the river.

Re: Cheese help needed! - cjs - 02-21-2011

I hope you at least tasted it - that last experience was definitely bad cheese, not what the Cirrus usually is!

sorry I didn't see this last night - what did you end up doing? That is one of Mt. Townsend cheeses we love! What a shame.

Re: Cheese help needed! - Harborwitch - 02-21-2011

It was another camembert that got thrown in the river. Did we try the Cirrus while we were there?

I think we'll go ahead and grill it tonight if you think it'll work. I just have mango - no raspberries at the market, but it's a cherry would plank.

We also go a small piece of the truffle cheese. I think the cheesemonger was a little miffed - we didn't buy a single Cowgirl cheese! Oh well - we can get it in the store here.

Re: Cheese help needed! - cjs - 02-21-2011

I would love that, Sharon - hope you guys will also.