Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? (/showthread.php?tid=117724)

What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? - cjs - 02-23-2011

What's on the menu for tonight? We know Daphne's having her birthday dinner (have a great one)

It's supposed to snow today - watch out everyone, this is supposed to be a big one and it'll be headed for you all soon.

I have two chicken recipes to cook that have a plum sauce and I can't figure out which I like better, so I'm doing them at the same time and test. Probably have some rice to go with them.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? - luvnit - 02-23-2011

Taking the kids to their favorite restaurant... Olive Garden!

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? - Harborwitch - 02-23-2011

We're going to do a Buffalo chicken chili that I found somewhere. It looks good, goes in the crockpot so that'll be nice.

They're talking about snow in San Francisco Friday! This oughta be fun.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? - esgunn - 02-23-2011

I think it will be a pot roast in the crock pot.

No snow here yet Jean. They say maybe this afternoon for us. It is sunny and windy -and COLD right now.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? - Mare749 - 02-23-2011

We're having enchiladas, with a side of rice and a small mexican type salad. (lettuce,tomato, green onion, topped with salsa, avocado, and a bit of sour cream.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? - labradors - 02-23-2011

There was some nice pork in the supermarket, today; also some nice peppers, so I decided to make "Pepper Steak," but with pork, instead of beef.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? - cjs - 02-23-2011

Last time any measurable snow in S.F. was in 1976 - Roy had to leave on a business trip at 6 a.m. to the airport and I spent the morning taking pictures of the snow-in San Jose. It was gorgeous.

enchiladas, sound good. Don't think of them often.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? - HomeCulinarian - 02-23-2011

It's cold enough for snow here today, but we're hoping we don't get any.

This is monthly book club dinner night for me - the hostess doesn't cook much so we're meeting at a restaurant. Book for the month is March by Geraldine Brooks.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? - cjs - 02-23-2011

"March by Geraldine Brooks." - You're doing it again, Jeannette, I'm off to look at this book.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? - HomeCulinarian - 02-23-2011

Jean - March is the story of Mr. March - the Little Women's father and what he might have been doing while he was away from his family. Brooks is a great writer and it is an interesting peek into the Civil War times. I liked it.