Cuisine at home Forums
Eggs on pizza - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Eggs on pizza (/showthread.php?tid=117774)

Eggs on pizza - pjcooks - 02-23-2011

Seattle Times Food and Wine

Sure many of you have done this, sounds fun!

Re: Eggs on pizza - cjs - 02-23-2011

Lorraine and I started making a Jacques Pepin dish in Feb. 2005 (as my note says) - It's a dish of bow-tie pasta layered with Gruyere or Emmenthaler, layer of 2 eggs (we use 1), layer of more cheese, than a half ladle of pasta again.

I can't tell you how wonderful and decadent this dish is. YUM.

Also, since Roy has always (since I've known him) had to have leftover pizza with an egg on it, I've played with eggs on Pizza and they are really good with some pizzas.

We also did a BLT with an egg, a la Thomas Keller - so good.

Re: Eggs on pizza - Gourmet_Mom - 02-23-2011

Very cool, Erin! It's funny, even after enjoying several dishes from here that called for a raw egg or poached egg to be added, I still haven't gotten used to it enough to just jump in to try something like this. Maybe I will have to try it.

Re: Eggs on pizza - Harborwitch - 02-23-2011

Many years ago I had a dear dear friend who had owned a pizza place in the Bay Area. One of her customers would show up first thing in the AM as she was opening up and getting ready for the the day. He'd always order a pizza with eggs on it. She'd make the pizza and crack the raw eggs on top and put it in the oven.

Re: Eggs on pizza - cjs - 02-23-2011

(pssst....Daphne, have another glass of wine) PJ posted this.

Re: Eggs on pizza - Gourmet_Mom - 02-23-2011

Oh, for pete's sake...it's my birthday! I'm a year older now and the CRS is setting in HARD...LOL!

Re: Eggs on pizza - luvnit - 02-24-2011

I will add to this, it does sound interesting. I am just wondering how much the 'egg' will add to the meal. Has anyone ever had pizza with egg?

Here is a link to a recipe Pizza with Proscuitto, Spinach, Truffle Oil, and Egg
Recipe for Pizza with Proscuitto, Spinach, Truffle Oil and Egg

[Image: fwsp06_pizza_prosciutto_egg_med.jpg]

Re: Eggs on pizza - Lorraine - 02-24-2011

Jean, I had forgottten about the pasta dish. Haven't had eggs on pizza, but would love to try it. I have seen a lot of recipes lately ( Michael Symon's in particular)for poached eggs on salad (usually with lardons), and as soon as I can find some frisse, we're making it.

Re: Eggs on pizza - luvnit - 02-24-2011

I remember an old C@H recipe that was called something like, Bistro Sandwich, or something like that. It is one of my faves:

It has a mesclun or frisse salad topped with a toasted French bread slice, Swiss cheese and ham (broiled), then top that with a poached egg. I believe it had a tomato vinegrette too.

Really, really good.

Oh I found the post. It was the Feb 2008 Issue.

[Image: Bistro.jpg]

Here is a link to the thread: Issue Feb 2008 Thread with Bistro Sandwich

Re: Eggs on pizza - Lorraine - 02-24-2011

Thanks, Laura!