Cuisine at home Forums
Which Shall We Choose???? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Which Shall We Choose???? (/showthread.php?tid=118580)

Which Shall We Choose???? - cjs - 03-09-2011

Just a short litany (sp?) of choices for a dessert -

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/1...n-kill-you/?cid

I'm so boring - just give me a slice of pumpkin pie (sans the whipped cream) and I'm in pig heaven!!

Re: Which Shall We Choose???? - Harborwitch - 03-09-2011

Just doesn't do it for me. A piece of dark dark chocolate is perfect.

Re: Which Shall We Choose???? - Mare749 - 03-09-2011

I'm with Sharon on this one. Had to break my sweet tooth habit again, and now that I have, don't seem to be craving sweets much at all. Only had 1/2 of a Paczki last night!

A good piece of dark chocolate and an espresso works for me. Does anyone know of a wine that goes with dark chocolate?

Re: Which Shall We Choose???? - karyn - 03-09-2011

Quote:

I'm with Sharon on this one. Had to break my sweet tooth habit again, and now that I have, don't seem to be craving sweets much at all. Only had 1/2 of a Paczki last night!

A good piece of dark chocolate and an espresso works for me. Does anyone know of a wine that goes with dark chocolate?

I'm in the dark chocolate camp as well. Here's an interesting article about chocolate and wine pairings, complete with a chart! I may be giving this a try soon. I think it'd be a fun tasting party.

Re: Which Shall We Choose???? - Mare749 - 03-09-2011

Oh, I think so too!

Re: Which Shall We Choose???? - esgunn - 03-09-2011

I choose a banana spring roll from P. F. Changs. Wish they had a picutre. I am intrigued.

Really I am just a dark chocolate truffle girl.

If I am being extravagant - any kind of fruit pie - no whipped cream no a la mode.

Re: Which Shall We Choose???? - Margarita - 03-09-2011

New York cheese cake is my pick... yummmm!

Re: Which Shall We Choose???? - Gourmet_Mom - 03-09-2011

I love cheesecake every now and then, but we don't do dessert here much. When I do have something sweet, dark chocolate is usually involved.

Re: Which Shall We Choose???? - cjs - 03-09-2011

I think fortified wines go best with dark chocolates. Banyuls - oh my, wonderful.

Off to look at the chart.
I really agree with this chart. Interesting site, going back to look it over. Thanks for posting it.

Re: Which Shall We Choose???? - chef_Tab - 03-09-2011

In a recent wine and chocolate pairing at the winery I work, the most popular pairing was a key lime truffle covered in dark chocolate with a semi sweet white. It really tasted like a marguerita in your mouth.