Cuisine at home Forums
OT - It all began with an iPhone... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT - It all began with an iPhone... (/showthread.php?tid=120037)

OT - It all began with an iPhone... - labradors - 04-08-2011

[Brace yourselves... The women will (understandably) get mad at the following joke and the men will have to duck. Don't blame me: I didn't write it - just received it in email.]

It all began with an iPhone...

Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... - Harborwitch - 04-08-2011

ROTFLMAO!!!!

I tried to hint to my daughter that she could give me an Ipad for Mother's day.

Visualize, if you will, two women - one a 62 year old mother and the other a 40 year old daughter. They are cruising down the freeway in daughter's mercedez - mother is playing some feed the frog candy game on the Ipad as the two of them are rocking out to Guns & Roses.

Sigh - that was fun! I wish the game was on the PC!!!

Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... - labradors - 04-08-2011

You mean not "Angry Birds"? LOL!

Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... - Gourmet_Mom - 04-08-2011

"I should be out of the hospital by Thursday!!" If he's lucky!

Example in point....Oldest son "proudly" presented me a refrigerator magnet from a trip recently. It's shaped like a baking pan, has a "Leave it to Beaver" type graphic of Dad hugging Mom on it, and the slogan says: "I'm sorry, you must have me confused with the maid we don't have."

Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... - Old Bay - 04-09-2011

My normally wise BIL gave my SIL a very expensive vaccum cleaner for her birthday--a big mistake I'm too wise to make. Long time, long time, still little reminders--
I think her statement was "Fine"--all husbands know what that means. Simply go to your room and begin--"Our Father, Who art in Heaven, ----etc".

Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... - Gourmet_Mom - 04-09-2011

Bill, I can't imagine you EVER giving Jane a vacuum cleaner....or any other household appliance for a gift. Unless requested.(I have received knives, food processor, and KA mixer for gifts from my WONDERFULLY thoughtful husband on request) A vacuum cleaner, on the other hand.......

Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... - iBcookin - 04-09-2011

Sadly, I HAVE received a vacuum cleaner for Christmas. Granted, it was a very expensive vacuum cleaner, but, in reality, it did not compare to the year he gave me a package of 12 washcloths, a spatter screen, and a rubber spatula.

He and I have never been really big on gift giving, if there is something that we really need, we get it. But that Christmas I had visions of him frantically running through the K-mart aisle on Christmas Eve just throwing whatever he could lay his hands on into the cart. Really hard to generate enthusiasm over a package of washcloths and a spatter screen. The vacuum cleaner was a little easier.

Hard to believe that I've kept him for thirty years, huh!

Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... - cjs - 04-09-2011

geez, that's funny!! We have reached the time in life - if we don't have it our kids (or we) can't afford it. Thank God for the gifts of wonderful wines and/or cookbooks to try....

Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... - DFen911 - 04-09-2011

Oh that was funny I got an iRon for Christmas once, but I did ask for it. I do want the iPad cause that is what we'll use when we travel on the motorcycle, but the darn things are so pricey.