Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F., 5/27?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F., 5/27?? (/showthread.php?tid=122156)

What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F., 5/27?? - cjs - 05-27-2011

What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're haivng Barley Risotto with some garlic oven-roasted shrimp.

Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F., 5/27?? - Trixxee - 05-27-2011

I think we're either going to Outback (have 2 $50 gift cards) or out for pizza.

Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F., 5/27?? - Mare749 - 05-27-2011

Well, I was planning for seafood alfredo with penne and tomatoes, (recipe that my friend Bernadette made up) but Jean's dinner sounds even better, so it could be subject to change...

Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F., 5/27?? - cjs - 05-27-2011

I'm really being challenged this weekend with Don here, trying for heart healthy and now the Dr. has Roy on a HIGH fiber diet..... I told Don he couldn't bring any food, so here's what he brought.
[Image: DonsWeekendWine.jpg]

All Malbecs.

Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F., 5/27?? - HomeCulinarian - 05-27-2011

Should be a fun time!!!

Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F., 5/27?? - esgunn - 05-27-2011

Oh My! Jean you are always up for a challenge!

Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F., 5/27?? - karyn - 05-27-2011

What fun, Jean!

I'm smoking about 15 pounds of chuck roast (3 roasts) and 15 pounds of pork butt (2 roasts) right now, but that's for eating this weekend. It's been on since about 6:00 this morning and is holding in the low 160s, so it could be a while.

I think we're going out with friends for dinner.

Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F., 5/27?? - Old Bay - 05-27-2011

We're having "that Vietamese beef dish".

Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F., 5/27?? - Harborwitch - 05-27-2011

I recognize a couple of those labels - yummy.

I've got all the stuff to do Knoephla soup and the grill fired pork steaks. We were going to do the pork steaks Tuesday night but we ran out of propane (and they were still frozen), Wed. we ate at the club house (worked down there all day and we were bushed. Last night I pulled the 4 to 8 so dinner was whatever we could find.

I got called in this morning (emergency), a dozen + showed up for breakfast (unscheduled) and Tonya was stuck with no help. I'm going down tomorrow am too.

So I have no idea which we'll have tonight. One or the other.

Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F., 5/27?? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-27-2011

Jean, I so wanted to do the oven roasted shrimp the other night, but I got outvoted. I picked up a small tenderloin on sale for 6.99/lb and a potato for me and Cricket. That will give me enough steaks for a couple of weeks. (When they run out, I'll be ON SUMMER BREAK!!!!!!)

BTW, Jean, didn't you post a picture of your trash can one morning after a visit from Don? Looks like another BIG weekend for you guys! LOL!