Cuisine at home Forums
Well cr@p - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Well cr@p (/showthread.php?tid=122237)

Well cr@p - Harborwitch - 05-28-2011

Last July I made "fire grilled pork steaks" and we've been hankering for them of late - but we happened to be in North Dakota, and I'm afraid it might have been in a magazine that is tucked safely in storage back there.

Any chance anyone might have a clue?????

Re: Well cr@p - Gourmet_Mom - 05-28-2011

Were they seasoned with Herbes de Provence? I found one online from Cooking Light by the same name.

Re: Well cr@p - esgunn - 05-28-2011

Sharon There is one in the Cusine Tonight Grilling book (first one I think??? has steak and onion rings on the cover). Grill-Fired Pork Steaks with Smoky Greens.
Has a side recipe of TOmato ChowChow.

If you think this is the one I can type it up later tonight. Too late I know - but just getting our dinner on.

Oooohhh, this is the issue with the drunken pork kebabs and Maque Choux. I have been thinking about this recipe. Need to make soon.

I wish they would have put volume numbers or dates on some of these special publications. The grilling, the Weeknigh and for two books get kind of confusing.

Re: Well cr@p - Harborwitch - 05-28-2011

Thank you Daphne. There was chili powder and ?????? I think I'll fake it. I know it was a C@H recipe, and thought it was in one of the cookbooks. Might be in the trailer

Re: Well cr@p - Harborwitch - 05-28-2011

Oh Erin that's the one, why don't I have that with me? I'd love just the pork part when you get a chance. Thanks so much.

Just got called to work.

Re: Well cr@p - Gourmet_Mom - 05-28-2011

Oh, I got the feeling it wasn't a [Email]C@H[/Email] recipe. But I wouldn't have found it in the index either way. Good call, Erin. I agree, Erin. Those multiple special issues with the same name get confusing.

Sharon, if Erin doesn't get to it before then, I'll type it up for you tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I have that book. Oh, now that Erin mentioned the Drunken Pork Kebabs with the Maque Choux....I KNOW I've got it! I'm with you Erin. I haven't made that in a while. I'm putting that on the menu for next week. Some of the early sweet corn is coming off now. Thanks for the reminder!

Grill Fired Pork Steaks with smoky greens - esgunn - 05-28-2011

Sharon, Here is the recipe.

Grill-fired Pork Steaks
with smoky greens
Makes 4 steaks - 2 cups greens
Total time 40 minutes

For the Steaks
Blend;Rub onto steaks:
3 T Paprika
3 T Brown Sugar
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
4 pork shoulder steaks, trimmed (about 1 lb each).

For the Greens
Saute and Add; Season with:
1 strip thick-sliced bacon, chopped
1 bunch collard greens, stemmed, chopped (3/4 lb)
1/2 cup chicken broth
red pepper flakes to taste

Preheat grill to medium-high.
Blend paprika, brown sugar, pepper, salt and 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes in a bowl, then rub onto both sides of each steak. Grill steaks until cooked through and well marked, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes.

Saute bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crips, about 8 minutes. Add greens, broth, and pepper flakes; cover and steam until wilted about 4 minutes. Then season with salt.

Serve with Tomato Chowchow and Rosemary Tomato Skewers.

Tomato Chowchow
Makes 2 cups

1/2 green bell pepper
1 jalapeno
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
1/4 cup purchased barbecue sauce

Preheat gill to medium.
Grill bell pepper and jalapeno until beginning to char, about 5 minutes. Place both in a plastic bag to steam for 5 minutes, then peel, seed and dice.
Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl then stir in peppers. Serve at room temperature.

Rosemary Tomato Skewers
Makes 4 skewers

4 rosemary sprigs (5-6 " long)
12 cherry tomatoes
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare grill with foil (to protect skewer ends from browning)
Preheat to medium-high.
Strip the lower 2/3 of needles off rosemary springs (reserve needles for another use), then thread with 3 tomatoes. Grill skewers until tomatoes are lightly charred, 1-2 minutes, arranging needles on the foil to protect from burning.
Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.

Re: Grill Fired Pork Steaks with smoky greens - Harborwitch - 05-29-2011

Thank you so much!!! That's the one! Dinner for tomorrow!

We just got home, it was a great fun night - just waiting tables and bartending tonight. I'm back in the morning and I have a feeling Bob might be back behind the bar.