Cuisine at home Forums
Tribute to Vets on Memorial Day - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Tribute to Vets on Memorial Day (/showthread.php?tid=122320)

Tribute to Vets on Memorial Day - cjs - 05-30-2011

Where would we be without them??? Many, many thanks for all the sacrifices they have made for us - men and women from every branch. Thank you all.

Especially thinking of Erin and her family today - her's is my poster family for service to country!

Re: Tribute to Vets on Memorial Day - Old Bay - 05-30-2011

Here Here!!!!

Re: Tribute to Vets on Memorial Day - Harborwitch - 05-30-2011

Quote:

Where would we be without them??? Many, many thanks for all the sacrifices they have made for us - men and women from every branch. Thank you all.

Especially thinking of Erin and her family today - her's is my poster family for service to country!

Thank you Jean for saying it so well! Special thanks go to Erin and her family, and all of the families that sacrifice so much for us.

Re: Tribute to Vets on Memorial Day - esgunn - 05-30-2011

Thank you all.

To all the familes who have someone they love in the military Past Present, or especially to those who have lost someone. Thank You! You are in my prayers.

Re: Tribute to Vets on Memorial Day - Mare749 - 05-30-2011

I'm glad you started this thread, Jean. Erin, your family is an inspiration for all of us! The sacrifices you make are more than many of us can comprehend. So thank you, to the Gunn family. You are very special people!

And thank you to all of the men and women in the military for your service to this country!

Re: Tribute to Vets on Memorial Day - DFen911 - 05-30-2011

Very well said Jean Erin every day I think of the sacrifices you, Steve and your children make. And we are very grateful for what you and thousands of other do.

Today we're going to my father in laws. He is a WWII vet and I often wish he would allow us to take him to some of the local events so others could say thank you. But he hates anything that might be a fuss

Re: Tribute to Vets on Memorial Day - cjs - 05-30-2011

Well, each time I come on to read another post here, I end up tearing up. My Dad was in the Navy - on a sub tender in the Pacific and I wish he was still with us. darn.

Re: Tribute to Vets on Memorial Day - BarbaraS - 05-30-2011

I kissed my Vet this morning! Navy guy. He's got a cousin who was a SEAL and a nephew trying to make the Marines - stood with him at his swearing in at the recruit center since his Dad had passed and wasn't too eager for him to join the services in the first place.

Barbara

Re: Tribute to Vets on Memorial Day - Gourmet_Mom - 05-30-2011

I'll add my thanks to all those who have served, are serving, or lost someone in service!

Erin, I will add my thanks to all the others. Your family is indeed a poster family for service! My hats off to the whole family!

Re: Tribute to Vets on Memorial Day - Old Bay - 05-30-2011

Quote:

Well, each time I come on to read another post here, I end up tearing up. My Dad was in the Navy - on a sub tender in the Pacific and I wish he was still with us. darn.

My Dad enlisted after Pearl Harbor--his best friend was on the Arizona--still is, Daddy was nearly blind and saw no action in the "Army Air Force", Uncle Ronald was in Italy with Patton, Uncle Don was on the Yorktown and survived, Uncle Leroy was with DooLittle over Toyko, made the Air Force a life, bronze star, DFC with 3 oak leaf clusters--he never talked about any of it--named his daughter Robbie after a pilot he lost (Uncle Leroy was a bomberdier); entered the AAF a private and retired a colonel--commited suicide 15 years ago--nobody knew what the "Greatest Generation" went thru--but darn, I'm proud of them all!!!

Thank you Erin for your family's service!!