Cuisine at home Forums
Chilled Cantaloupe Soup - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Chilled Cantaloupe Soup (/showthread.php?tid=123023)

Chilled Cantaloupe Soup - cjs - 06-13-2011

Boy, is this a winner! And, it was using the leftovers from what I purposely made - the Cantaloupe Custard, which was absolutely blah!

the soup is delicious -

1 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cubed
1/4 cup dark rum (Vicci, where are you?)
1/4 cup cream (I used heavy cream)
1 lemon, zested
2 T. orange juice concentrate
4 mint leaves, julienned

Place everything but the mint leaves in a blender and puree. Strain through a fine chinois or strainer, then chill. Serve in chilled martini glasses with julienned mint.

I can just imagine this on a hot day with a glass of Riesling or a sparkling.

Re: Chilled Cantaloupe Soup - BarbaraS - 06-13-2011

Nom nom nom... along with a Gazspacho recipe I've been dying to make...

Barbara

Re: Chilled Cantaloupe Soup - Gourmet_Mom - 06-13-2011

This sounds delicious! I'm adding this to the menu for Saturday afternoon! Thanks, Jean! I may make one adjustment, though. I like salt on my canteloupe, so I may make one with a salt rimmed glass to see if it works.

Re: Chilled Cantaloupe Soup - Harborwitch - 06-13-2011

OH!! Jean that sounds so good. If I can just get someone to make it for me - Bob????

Re: Chilled Cantaloupe Soup - Lorraine - 06-14-2011

Thanks , Jean! And if you have too much of it, you can make Pickled Cantaloupe Balls,. Great with ham.

Re: Chilled Cantaloupe Soup - Lorraine - 06-15-2011

Sure looks like I killed this threaad.

Re: Chilled Cantaloupe Soup - cjs - 06-16-2011

No, you didn't Lorraine!! I wasn't around yesterday and doesn't look like many others were either.

"Pickled Cantaloupe Balls" - sounds like these would be good with a charcuterie platter also. How do you make them?

Re: Chilled Cantaloupe Soup - Lorraine - 06-16-2011

My recipe is at the winery, as we had 1/2 case left, so I made them there yesterday. The balls are soaked in a vinegar/water/spice solution, then sugar is added, brought to the boil, added to jars, then processed. I'll post the exact measurements etc later. We've put them on the buffet table, and folks can't get enough of them.

Re: Chilled Cantaloupe Soup - cjs - 06-16-2011

Oh good, Thanks Lorraine!

Re: Chilled Cantaloupe Soup - Gourmet_Mom - 06-16-2011

Lorraine, they don't break down and fall apart? The idea seemed strange when I first saw it, but now that you describe it, I can't see how it would work?