Cuisine at home Forums
4th of July Menu/Plans???? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? (/showthread.php?tid=123499)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

4th of July Menu/Plans???? - cjs - 06-24-2011

Last holiday until Labor Day is coming up - 'course if you're retired, doesn't make much difference.

So what are the menus and plans for the holiday weekend???

Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-24-2011

I hate to say, since I'll probably change my mind a dozen times between now and then. I had thought I'd fix my lobster tails tomorrow night with a London Broil, but with the coming of the Fourth, I think I'll save them.

Since our neighbors usually have a cookout, I don't think I'll cook that night. I've decided to do our special dinner the night before. The local grocery has been having a deal on beef tenderloins lately, so I think I'll get one and stuff it with one of the tails. That will be the night before dinner. Then I'll do Lobster Rolls with the other tail for lunch on the Fourth!

Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? - cjs - 06-24-2011

Ohhhh, that sounds good, Daphne. We did the lobster stuffed tenderloin at Tracie's one year with Billy J. What a comedy fiasco that was with Billy wanting to bring the beef and he brought pieces......

Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? - karyn - 06-24-2011

We're going to have our annual rib cook. The recipe is more limited than last year because we're flying back from my nephew's wedding in southern Oregon late on the 3rd. Fortunately, our wonderful neighbors are doing the shopping. Currently the menu is smoked baby backs, John's favorite potato salad, a pasta salad that my friend's nephew likes as much or better than the ribs, fresh melon, slaw, and cherry tartlets with vanilla ice cream for anyone who wants dessert.

I'm not sure how many will be here. Probably more than we plan for, so we've got pulled beef and pork in the freezer if needed.

Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? - HomeCulinarian - 06-24-2011

On the 2nd, we will host a 25th Anniversary Party at the same place we had our reception in 1986. We had a private wedding and a picnic at a forest preserve pavilion. We will also renew our vows with family and very close friends in the morning.

I'll have all my kids home to help... so we're making pulled pork and chicken breasts for sandwiches, the orzo salad with grilled vegetables, chips and assorted fruit. Also for our wedding we didn't have a cake and just served assorted cookies that were brought by friends. We're doing that again, too. For entertainment, we are NOT having live jazz musicians like we did originally, we will have an iPod with music playing in the background. There is also a play structure for kids, a sand volleyball court, and a half basketball court.

We're expecting about 100 people! Should be fun.

Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? - cjs - 06-24-2011

Hey there, early congratulations on your anniversary!! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-24-2011

WOW! In case I forget, Happy Anniversary, Jeanette! That's quite a party! Looks like you and Karyn are having some major parties! Wish I was close by! I'd sure be crashing!

Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? - BarbaraS - 06-25-2011

Wow!! That sounds like quite the party!! Congrats!

Barbara

Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? - Mare749 - 06-26-2011

Happy Anniversary, Jeannette. I love the plans you have made for your special celebration. Very well thought out. It sounds like it will be a very fun day for everyone! I will be wishing you a beautiful weather day too.

Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? - cjs - 06-27-2011

Well, my menu is now in place for the 'after' the 4th party -

Smoked Oyster Dip
Parmesan & Cheddar Cheese Board with grapes (all grilled)
gravlox some way
Meatballs with ? sauce

Sliders:
Smoked Rib Eye Roast
Caramelized onions
pickled onions
Hroseradish sauce
French cheese spread (butter/cream cheese w/many herbs)
varity of slider buns

Italian Bean and Bacon Salad
Baked Beans

Chocolate Gingerbread Cake
Crunch Peanut Butter Cookies
BlackBerry Wine Cake

-----
and, whatever everyone else brings.

All subject to change at a moment's notice - except the rib eye, bought that already.