Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? (/showthread.php?tid=123613)

What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? - cjs - 06-28-2011

What's on the menu for everyone today?

I pulled out the sweet peas yesterday, looking really tacky, and found a recipe I had forgotten about. Three Pea Stir-Fry from Gourmet mag. Jeannette made and liked it - didn't put a date on it, so don't remember how long ago.

A review mentions adding shrimp and red pepper to make a meal, so that's what I'm adding - over rice.

P.S. Just did a search - Jeannette made it just 1 1/2 weeks ago, so the recipe hasn't been sitting in MC long.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? - karyn - 06-28-2011

We're leaving town early tomorrow to attend my nephew's wedding in Southern Oregon, so dinner tonight is leftovers.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? - cjs - 06-28-2011

Safe Trip, Karyn! so close, but so far away!

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-28-2011

Travel safely, Karyn! I still haven't decided what to have with th corn casserole...finally got it all cut off the cob. Got about 5 pints....not bad for a bunch of odd balls. Anyway, I do have some pork tenderloin in the freezer. For some reason, that's sounding pretty good right now. Off to decide how I want to prepare it.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? - Harborwitch - 06-28-2011

Safe travels Karyn!

I had fantastic plans for dinner tonight, but I'm going to cop out and do "Lazy Stuffed Cabbage" that I found on an RV forum. I'm only making half the recipe and I'm sure I'll make a few changes - but it sounds simple and quick. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? - Mare749 - 06-28-2011

Hot dogs and baked beans. I got some German weiners from The Sausage Shop in my old neighborhood. We'll put them on the grill, or course. Yum.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? - cjs - 06-28-2011

Oh boy, Jeannette, that three-pea stirfry is a wonderful, light dinner. I did add some shrimp and red bells and had it over rice. Drizzled with Sweet Asian Chili Sauce and we really scarfed it down. Only enough leftovers for Roy... darn.