Cuisine at home Forums
Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? (/showthread.php?tid=124321)

Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? - madmax - 07-17-2011

Hi All,
I have been making this since erin posted it 8/23/09 I just love it, my question is can I use my imulsion imersion(sp?) stick instead of using a blender ???, I know I'm lazy but what a pain to wash. I tried to bring up thread with recipe but can never figure out the dang "search" thingy.
Thanks for any help.

Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? - cjs - 07-17-2011

I say go for it, do you blend before all the ingredients are added, or do you blend the entire soup? Is this for your customer that would need the blending?

Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? - madmax - 07-17-2011

No recipe says when completed "place 1/3 of the bean mixture in a blender,puree, then recombine with previous mixture" thats the directions

Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? - cjs - 07-17-2011

It will work.

Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? - Lorraine - 07-17-2011

Listen to your Mother, I would do it also!

Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? - DFen911 - 07-17-2011

I don't own a blender so whenever the recipe calls for using one it either goes into the food processor or I also use the emulsion blender. Works great!

Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? - labradors - 07-18-2011

Have made this soup MANY times and wish I had a good enough immersion blender to do this. Absolutely! Go for it!

If you wish to keep some of the beans not puréed, just remove some with a slotted spoon before using the immersion blender and add them back in when done.

Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? - Old Bay - 07-18-2011

YES!!! I use it all the time!!