Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? (/showthread.php?tid=124384)

What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? - cjs - 07-19-2011

What's on the menu for today for everyone?

We're having Denise's version of the Vege burgers (with meat ) and the comback sauce and bacon and tomatoes sautéed in bacon grease. I might even go one decadent step further - I oven cook bacon on a 1/4 sheet pan, then once in a great while put this pan on the grill and grill the buns cut side down. (so bad) Maybe I'll put some tomato slices on it also.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-19-2011

I'm either making an Italian burger, sloppy joe, or that Italian sausage roasted with peppers and onions from a friend from another forum. Haven't decided yet.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? - farnfam - 07-19-2011

I'm babysitting for a neighbor today, so I think I'll just do a ground turkey meatloaf in the crock pot. He's an active little guy so that'll be one less thing to distract me. Not sure about sides

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? - DFen911 - 07-19-2011

Oh the best way to do your buns....put a swipe of mayo on them and grill them mayo side down. The mayo takes on a totally different flavor when grilled. I forgot to put that step in there cause I have always either grilled them or pan seared them this way for our burgers

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-19-2011

You guys! That is totally so bad/good! I can't wait to try it...LOL!

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? - Harborwitch - 07-19-2011

Denise I love using mayo for grilled cheese, buns, all kinds of things like that - the flavor changes so much, and the texture!

Yesterday I soaked beans, put them in the crockpot last night with the "baked bean" stuff on low - they've been cooking since 8:30 last night (on high since 7am) and they still aren't done. The plan was the corndogs from the new issue and these beans. Waiting. . . . waiting . . . waiting!

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? - cjs - 07-19-2011

You didn't add any salt, did you Sharon?

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? - Trixxee - 07-19-2011

Having a late lunch with my sister and little newphews at my mom's house so that will be dinner. Assorted cold cuts & breads, I'm bringing a greek salad and my mom is making some kind of a dessert with lemon yogurt to which you add powdered vanilla pudding and cool whip and then I think she makes a parfait out of it with cut up pieces of angel food cake and tops with fresh boysenberries. Sounds nice and light.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? - Harborwitch - 07-19-2011

No... just the salt in the other ingredients. I don't usually cook beans in the crockpot - but time constraints won.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? - karyn - 07-19-2011

I'm going to have to give those burgers with comeback sauce a try soon!

Tonight we're having Greek salad with roasted chicken. I may pull some pitas out of the freezer, too.