Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=124844)

What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! - cjs - 08-01-2011

August, already! What's on the menu for everyone?

My friend dropped off another bucket of clams and oysters last night, so we'll have John Hinterberger's (he was a reporter for the Seattle paper years ago) Clam Spaghetti and a few oysters fixed with a coca-cola sauce....really. Will have to freeze a few of each probably.

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! - Trixxee - 08-01-2011

I cannot believe how fast time is going. Only 23 more days until school starts - wahhh.

Trying this one out tonight. Not sure what the sides will be yet.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chicken-Breasts-with-Tomato-Herb-Pan-Sauce-366432

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! - farnfam - 08-01-2011

I'm not sure yet, but I do know I want some of those quick pickle veggies! There's a handful of ripe cukes out there.
Btw, Trix, I took your suggestion of terriyaki glaze for the tuna steaks, and grilled them along with the pineapple (with a sweet glaze on it) a little rice and it was a fine meal. Thanx for the idea

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! - Trixxee - 08-01-2011

Glad it worked out! And that sound so good right now.

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! - cjs - 08-01-2011

Anticipation.........................

[Image: ClamsfromTerri.jpg]

for dinner.

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! - karyn - 08-01-2011

Oh those clams look amazing! I hope you have a wonderful dinner, Jean.

We're having chicken & veggie kebabs with pita.

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! - luvnit - 08-01-2011

Jean, YOUR dinner looks wonderful! We are having your recipe for Spaghetti Marinara & Meatballs!
We love it

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! - BarbaraS - 08-01-2011

Now that's just plain mean!!

I can't make those until the weekend.

Barbara

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! - esgunn - 08-01-2011

Oh man that bucket of clams looks good! I think I am going to make a version of pasta cobb salad with cheese tortellini.

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! - Gourmet_Mom - 08-01-2011

Jean, that looks amazing! I could eat every last one of them!

We stopped along the road at a produce stand to pick up some peaches. I couldn't get many because we were so packed! (YS and GF are coming in a few weeks, so hopefully, he'll be able to pick me up more then.)

Anyway, the tomatoes, little red potatoes, and okra looked soooo good! We're so pooped now, we're just going to have BLTs with a fresh peach for dessert. But tomorrow, I'll be frying the okra and boiling up the little potatoes. I'll slice up a fresh tomato and add some cukes and onions in vinegar, some country ham and fresh biscuits! Typical summer meal at my grandmother's! Can't wait!!!!!