Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? (/showthread.php?tid=125007)

What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? - cjs - 08-04-2011

What's on everyone's menu for today?

As I said earlier, we're having the same darn thing today we had yesterday. Adobo Quesadilla Burger with Corn Salsa. Man, these are good.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-04-2011

We're having Adobo Quesadilla Burgers with Corn Salsa, too! Off to get the beef and cilantro now.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? - Trixxee - 08-04-2011

It's clean out the fridge night. We've got leftover ham & bean soup, ravioli, salad stuff, grilled cheese fixings, cantaloupe & watermelon galore.

We'll be gone a good part of the weekend (horse racing!) so want to use all this stuff up.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? - Lorraine - 08-04-2011

I have some local corn, and tons of cherry/grape tomatoes, if I had fresh limas, I'd be making succotash! We're trying some new rubs he has made and is hoping to market, so I think it will be more chicken skewers. We put them out in the Wine Shop yesterday to great reviews.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? - luvnit - 08-04-2011

I may have to make that burger this weekend. Is that in the latest issue?

Tonight we are having friends over for a smelt fry. So I will fry some smelt and some zucchini fries. I am making some chipotle mayo and tarter sauce. Also a honey-cumin cilantry slaw.

For the appetizer? I am making Jean's Caviar Pie! Testing it on my guinea pigs tonight! I can't wait!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? - cjs - 08-04-2011

Oh, I think I have some smelt buried in the bowels of a freezer - love fried smelts!! Hope you enjoy the caviar pie - wish I was closer!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? - Mare749 - 08-04-2011

What a great menu, Laura. Have a wonderful party.

We're having "Crisp Crusty Snapper" with sauteed spinach, from Cuisine Tonight. I'm hoping my son-in-law will be able to pick up some local corn on his way home from work.

I have never had smelt. Is it fishy tasting?

Sounds good, Maryann. Anxious to hear how it turns out!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? - cjs - 08-04-2011

NO - geez, you sound like Roy! Was your nose turned up or did you have a sneer on your face when you typed that?? Roy always does.....

LOL! Both!