Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? (/showthread.php?tid=125082)

T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? - cjs - 08-05-2011

What's on the menu for tonight?

We're having smoked ribs (started them yesterday) and a quinoa salad.

Also, took the Lemon Pepper pizza dough out of the freezer and will play with today.

Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-05-2011

I picked up a beef tenderloin on sale yesterday, so filet mignon, fresh little potatoes, and a salad!

Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? - Trixxee - 08-05-2011

I've still got some smoked pulled pork in the freezer and will turn that into tacos or quesadillas. I need to try to tone down the smoke flavor - I guess I'll add some sauteed onions, cilantro, lime juice and a little salsa verde (from the pantry).

Also black beans.

Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? - karyn - 08-05-2011

I'm back at work this week at a new school, so haven't been around much. Sorry!

We're having the Gyro Wraps with Greek Salsa and Feta Spread from #69. I made the burgers ahead, so it's a pretty quick, easy dinner.

Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? - BarbaraS - 08-05-2011

Hubby got Stromboli take-out from Whole Foods and I got Chicken Croquettes with Garlic Mashed Potatoes from Bobby Chez. Also picked up one Pan-Seared Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes and his awesome Cole Slaw. His crab cakes are to die for. Pan seared OR breaded. Full of crab meat to the point where I cannot figure out how they stay together. This is why he's a ga-zillionaire and sells on QVC.

Oh yeah, and his Onion Rings are the real old-fashioned ones, too. All his food is pre-cooked and finished at home.

Barbara

Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? - cjs - 08-05-2011

hmmm, will have to google "Bobby Chez" and check him out.

Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? - BarbaraS - 08-05-2011

Here ya go:

http://bobbychezcrabcakes.com/

Today, I was tempted between the Lobster Pot Pie and the Chicken Croquettes (today's specials). The croquettes won. I love the Lemon-Butter Sauce he includes with the croquettes.

Barbara

Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-05-2011

They sure look good! I guess if you went in with a couple people and ordered two boxes, it wouldn't be too bad.

Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? - DFen911 - 08-05-2011

Jean can I have your salad recipe please? Just started using Quinoa and would love some ideas. I grilled some veggies the other night and sliced em up and added them at the end which was pretty good.

Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? - labradors - 08-06-2011

Quote:

Just started using Quinoa and would love some ideas.

How about the Quinoa Fritters from Mary Sue on Top Chef Masters? Sounds great, but haven't tried it for myself, yet.