Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? (/showthread.php?tid=125401)

T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? - cjs - 08-12-2011

What's everyone doing this fine Friday for dinner?

We're having pizza, not sure what will go on it, just found a dough round in the freezer - Semolina.

Had the worst day cooking I think I've ever had yesterday...Unbelievable!! I tested a recipe for a friend and it ended up a big slow cooker glob of a mess. Half the author's fault and half mine. Dumped the whole shebang.

Next, I had one (only one!!!) pkg. of that wonderful Clam spaghetti left, so simmered it for dinner. The darn bag broke - it was a real mess. I'm ready to throw this FoodSaver in the bin, I've really had trouble with this one, don't know why. So, we had cheese and crackers and threw the beautiful Clam Spaghetti in the garbage.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-12-2011

Oh, dear! The Clam Spaghetti? That's terrible!

We had my filets the other day, so my Friday steak night is out. William usually stays at the farm on Fridays, so I don't now what Cricket and I will have.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? - farnfam - 08-12-2011

EGADS not the clam spaghetti

Tonite there's a band at the Tughill Vineyards. We'll enjoy a cheese and meat platter while we hammer a couple bottles of their finest hic

I want to go with Cis! Sounds like fun!

Really looking forward to it, Daph. Hoping to dance a bit too, if they play tunes old enough for us to recognize

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? - Trixxee - 08-12-2011

I had a little too much wine last night (birthday yesterday) and right now nothing sounds overly good so I don't know. I think rib-eyes are on sale right now for $4.99/lb so maybe I'll pick a couple up. Later. Much later.

Was it your birthday yesterday, Trix? I didn't see that, Happy Birthday then, if it was. I guess if you got to slurp up some wine, it was a good birthday no matter whose it was

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? - cjs - 08-12-2011

shame on you, Trixxee!! You kept a big secret from us - HAPPY, HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!

Seriously! Shame on you! Happy late birthday!

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? - esgunn - 08-12-2011

I wanted to make Philly Cheese Pot Roast Sandwiches in the crock pot/broiler. But I forgot to take out my chuck roast to thaw. This will be on the menu next week I guess.

I have a flank steak in the freezer (that will thaw in time), so I think it will be Dragon Steak and corn on the cobb.