Cuisine at home Forums
Recipe Help - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Recipe Help (/showthread.php?tid=125605)

Recipe Help - bfg - 08-16-2011

Well, I've done it again! I have saved a picture of a recipe from C@H that I wanted to try, but don't seem to have the recipe to go with the picture! The recipe that I am looking for appeared in C@H, December 2005, p 14. The dish was entitled, Table for Two, Chicken:Italian Style. I Googled the recipe with no C@H results. I would be most grateful if anyone has this recipe in their file. I sure wish that C@H would finish the project in getting their recipes online! I would gladly pay to be a member!
Thanks,
Barbara

Re: Recipe Help - Gourmet_Mom - 08-16-2011

Barbara, I've got it, but I'll have to type in. If nobody gets to it by tomorrow morning, I'll post it for you.

Re: Recipe Help - cjs - 08-16-2011

I found it - I made this Oct. 18, 2006 - it was a birthday review dinner for someone.

This is a thread where we talked about it and there is a hilarious long, long (4 pages) talking about what ingredients couldn't be found and everyone mentioning different stores - Billy right in the middle of it all.
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post24172

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post22830

And this is the thread where we reviewed it -
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post24334

Erin posted this originally -
Saltimbocca Chicken Breasts
With Sage sauce and creamy Arugula Pasta
C@H Issue 54 Page 14 December 2005

For the Chicken
Season and Stuff; Wrap in
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6-8) oz each
Ground black pepper
2 oz provolne cheese, cut into two sticks
4 slices prosciutto, divided

Saute in:
1 t olive oil
1 t butter

For the pasta -
cook;Toss with:
4 oz angel hair pasta
3 T heavy Cream
2 T Parmesan cheese, grated
1 egg yolk
1 t lemon zest, minced
pinch of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup arugula, torn (I use spinach)

For the sauce -
Saute in 1 tsp butter:
1 T Shallots, minced

Deglaze with; Add and Simmer;
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup chicken broth
Juice of 1/2 a lemon

Finish with:
2 T butter softened
1 tsp minced fresh sage leaves

Preheat oven to 400. Bring a pot a salted water to a boil for cooking the pasta.

Season Chicken with pepper, Cut a slit in each seasoned chicken breast - lengthwise down the middle. Do not slice through. Place cheese inside slit, then wrap snugly in two overlaping slices of prosciutto.

Saute chicken in oil and butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning to brown all sides 6-8 minutes total. Place chicken on a rack set on a backing sheet and transfer to the oven for about 5 minutes to finish. Remove and let chicken rest 5 minutes before serving

Cook pasta in boiling water for 4 minutes while chicken is in the oven. In a bowl, whisk together the cream, parmesan, egg yolk, zest, and seasonings; top with arugula. Drain the pasta, add it to the bowl, and toss to coat pasta and wilt the greens.

Saute Shallots for the sauce in butter over medium-high heat using the same skillet the chicken was browned in. Cook until shallots are soft, 1 minute.

Deglaze with wine; simmer over high heat until nearly evaporated. Add broth and lemon juice. SImmer until reduced by half, 3 minutes.

Finish sauce with butter and sage.
To serve divide pasta between two plates, place chicken alongside pasta, then drizzle with sauce.
--------------------
Erin

=======

Sorry I got so carried away, Barbara, but the old threads are fun to look back at.

Re: Recipe Help - Gourmet_Mom - 08-16-2011

And there you go! Thanks for the memory, Jean! I sure do miss that pudgy baby face!

Re: Recipe Help - bfg - 08-17-2011

Thanks so much, Erin! I'm putting the recipe in Living Cookbook today, so it won't get lost! I had a recipe for Chicken Saltimbocca, in my Cuisine@Home notebook, following the picture of the Chicken:Italian Style. It is definitely not the same recipe as the one that you posted. The chicken saltimbocca that I have appeared in the Cuisine@Home, October, 2007, p 34 issue. I enjoyed reading the other links that you posted, especially all the problems members had finding fresh sage!

I do hope that I can return the favor of posting a member's need for a lost C@H recipe in the future. I have entered all C@H keeper recipes in Living Cookbook and keep a notebook of the recipes that I want to try eventually.

This is a great forum and the members are always so helpful to other members' needs as well as sharing informative information related to recipes and cooking.

Barbara

Re: Recipe Help - bfg - 08-17-2011

Daphne,

So glad that you did not have to spend time typing in the recipe, since Erin had posted it a few years ago! But a special thanks to you, for volunteering to type in the recipe!

Barbara