Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/19?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/19?? (/showthread.php?tid=125672)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/19?? - cjs - 08-19-2011

What's on everyone's menu for today?
(and, a Happy Birthday dinner to Denise!)

Well, if we have a new grill, I think I'll try the charcoal side out with a steak. Don't know what else.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/19?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-19-2011

Well, I'm at the mercy of the children. The only thing I know I have to make is YS birthday cake for tomorrow, a praline cheesecake. I'll let you all know as the day unfolds.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/19?? - cjs - 08-19-2011

You've been so lucky lately with the kids being around, Daphne!! have fun.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/19?? - Harborwitch - 08-19-2011

Today is an off day for me. I think I'll play with some ground beef, bleu cheese, and portobello mushrooms, and some beautiful ciabatta buns. I think I have an idea!!!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/19?? - labradors - 08-19-2011

Have a couple of experiments I'd like to try, but may hold of until we see what this possible tropical storm does.

[Image: 144813W5_NL_sm.gif]

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/19?? - Mare749 - 08-19-2011

Uh, oh... That doesn't look good. Hunker down and stay safe!

I think we're going out to eat tonight. There's a bar/restaurant by us that has the best fish fry (Northern Pike) on Fridays. Ron has a craving.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/19?? - Harborwitch - 08-19-2011

Stay safe Rob!

Thanks. For now, it looks as though it will be going over Roatan, just North of us, but we'll probably get some of it.

Did try one easy experiment and it's looking really good, so far. After dinner time, I'll say more.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/19?? - cjs - 08-19-2011

whew, close one, hun? Experiments?????? C'mon, spill.

The one is an extremely simple dessert for which the idea came to me about two weeks ago when tasting something else. So far, it appears to have worked very well, but it's not quite ready for a final tasting, yet. I have already written out the full (but VERY simple) recipe and shall post it tonight.

The other is something for which I still need to get a few ingredients, but I decided to wait until this potential storm has passed. I'm also still thinking about the quantities I'll need in order to make a decent amount of this. While doing that, I'm also considering what the flavour profile should be, including what spices to use and how much (or, maybe even more importantly, how little) of them to use. I'll go into that idea more once I have developed it a little better.